Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't do poker runs any more. I don't like to ride near people I don't know that have ridden very little, don't know how to ride with a group or the few that drink.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I don't do poker runs any more. I don't like to ride near people I don't know that have ridden very little, don't know how to ride with a group or the few that drink.
Most of the poker runs I've seen go from bar to bar. I'm not anti alcohol but on the rare occasion that I've had a drink on any ride I stop at one and only if we will be eating and staying at least forty five minutes to an hour. So I've pretty much stopped doing poker runs.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It should be fun, your bike will create lots of attention... Watch out for those hounds that want to ride on your tail and at your side. Most likely Harley-Davidson riders, buff your chest and swagger, and let them know you came to ride! Lol

·
Super Moderator
18,085 Posts
Been to a few, it's fun, if you keep an open mind.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One is for Altzheimers--which my late father had--and the other is for the Children's Miracle Network. Both good causes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Altzheimer's Poker Run was yesterday. It was fun. There were three other bikers besides myself---all on Harley-Davidsons. But they didn't give me a hard time. They neither coddled me nor tried to drop me.

I did drop a bit behind on the curvy parts of the route; I'm just not experienced enough to take curves at speed. However, on the straight parts I made up for it. I ended going faster than I had ever done on the Burgie (or any two-wheeler for that matter) sometimes.

I am looking forward to next week's Children's Miracle Network run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts