Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new to me 2008 Burgman 650 yesterday afternoon. While eating my Cheerios this morning, I read over the title from the previous owner. He had bought it in July 2009 with the mileage of 6238. I walked out to the garage and checked the mileage and it read 6303. It was maybe 10 miles back to my house yesterday so this guy put less than 60 miles on the bike in almost 5 years. I mentioned in another thread how clean this bike was and to expand on that, when I removed his tag to install mine, it was spotless behind the tag. I believe the guy spent more time polishing the bike than anything else.
Now I'm a bit worried about the fuel. As soon as I get the bike to my shop this week, I'm siphoning the fuel from the tank and adding high test with Yamaha Ringfree for a shock treatment. Always worrys me when a piece of equipment sits that long.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I bought a new (leftover) '09 650 from a dealer last month. It had 190 miles on it. A fresh battery had been added, but I was concerned that it had sat in the shop with the same tank of fuel all those years. It was full when I left the shop, and ran fine. I added a big shot of Seafoam when I got home, and have done the same with each fill up. It now has 1,100 miles on it, and is running fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts