Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the scoot today, using my favorite stuff, Plexus plastic cleaner, and it occurred to me I had not seen it mentioned here--maybe everyone already knows about it?

With the Burgman I squirt just about the whole bike with it at least once a month, the windscreen every couple days. If your instrument cluster lens has any scratches shoot some Plexus on a cloth and wipe it down--do this 2 or 3 times initially and you will be amazed by the result.

It's not cheap, currently $16 to $20 for the 13 oz aerosol, but that's enough for 1-1/2 to 2+ years for a single bike. To give you an idea, I paid $13 for the can I have; so far back I cannot remember and there's still a third of a can left. I have used it on marine windscreens and curtains for years.

Most bike shops stock it, I have no affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer...

·
Registered
739 Posts
agree.. It just never seems to run out..

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Do a forum search on "Plexus" and you will find a few hundred post about it.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
it's great stuff, but at $25.00 a can now days, it is no longer getting replenished on my favorite product shelf...

I have gone back to using good old pledge which works just as well for about $4.00 a can.

Not sure why it has more than doubled in price over the past few years.... a large can used to cost about $12-!3.00.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've been using Plexus for many years and it is great stuff.

But a couple of years ago the price shot way up. After that happened I only use it on my wind screens and helmet visors and it makes it last longer. I would not recommend buying the tiny size with a cap that rotates. The cap/nozzle fails easily so you've pretty much wasted your money.

I buy the 7 oz size cans and they still last me a long time. And the can fits nicely in my Givi top case when I go on trips.

For quick cleaning of my scooters, I use the Honda brand cleaner/polisher spray of which I have several cans. I understand that there is another cleaner/polisher spray product that is equally good and the can even looks the same as the Honda stuff but it's cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
It's Pledge for me. Been using it for many years. Works well on everything and it is cheap. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
A few years ago, the maintenance company I worked for switched from "Plexus" to "Slip Stream Cleaner/Polish" and "Slip Stream Heavy-Duty Scratch Remover" for windshield maintenance..

I found I preferred the Slip Stream products to Plexus. The polish does everything Plexus does and removed some filmy deposits Plexus left behind. Plus they offer a scratch remover as well as a polish...something Plexus doesn't do.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
DL-11 said:
A few years ago, the maintenance company I worked for switched from "Plexus" to "Slip Stream Cleaner/Polish" and "Slip Stream Heavy-Duty Scratch Remover" for windshield maintenance..

I found I preferred the Slip Stream products to Plexus. The polish does everything Plexus does and removed some filmy deposits Plexus left behind. Plus they offer a scratch remover as well as a polish...something Plexus doesn't do.

$11.43 at Amazon with free shipping. http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-Moto ... B0012TWPPQ

$9.95 at Bike Bandit. http://www.bikebandit.com/slipstreamer- ... =846616298

·
Registered
71 Posts
Note that SlipStream Polish and HD Scratch Remover come in an 8 oz. aerosol can and .an 8 oz squeeze bottle respectively..

It is best to follow the use of the scratch remover with the use of the polish (although the polish does a good job on most light scratches or swirls from dry wiping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts