Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at recent posts, and it seems 'Pledge' is the best thing since sliced bread!
I have just bought a can (Lemon flavour :) )
My question, what can you use it on, do you just use it on the grey plastic and screen, or do you use in on the actual paintwork???

Andy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I bought my second can of Lemon Pledge yesterday. I've been using it on both the Burgman 650 and the V-Strom to clean them up after riding, and it's worked well. Works great on my helmet visor too, event the smoke tinted one. So the first can was starting to feel a little light and I didn't want to run out of it.

Someone had mentioned using hydrogen peroxide for bug splat removal, but I find the Lemon Pledge does that fine - as long as you clean up soon after riding. If you let that stuff bake on, perhaps the hydrogen peroxide works better, but I haven't had to go beyond the Lemon Pledge yet.

I still carry a can of the Honda cleaner polish product when I ride, mainly because it is smaller than the Lemon Pledge cans, but I don't think it works any better. But when I get back to my garage, I use the Lemon Pledge for final cleanup. I also do the whole bike/scooter with it after a wash.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I purchased our Burgmans from Clare's Cycle last year, they threw in an expensive can of Genuine Harley Davidson Spray Cleaner & Polish. Clare's Cycle is a large dealership split into 2 sides. One side sells everything Harley, the other side is all imports. They sell ALL the name brand and aftermarket polish and cleaners for both. They pick the Harley spray to quick detail all their bikes.
I still have my can, because Pledge seems to work better!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tried the Pledge--It worked great. She (the bike, not Lynn :D ) now shines like crazy. Thanks for the tip! :)

On a related subject: We've got a cat, Maeve Emma (nicknamed "Wednesday" from the Adams Family), who likes to eat loose fur her siblings shed and she also enjoys licking glass and tile. Perhaps we should clone her and set her loose on windshields. :wink:

Bryna

·
Registered
925 Posts
I use more Pledge on my scooter than I do in my home!!! Great stuff!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
pauljo said:
...Someone had mentioned using hydrogen peroxide for bug splat removal, but I find the Lemon Pledge does that fine - as long as you clean up soon after riding. If you let that stuff bake on, perhaps the hydrogen peroxide works better, but I haven't had to go beyond the Lemon Pledge yet....
For dried on bugs, the advantage of hydrogen peroxide is that the bubbling action will lift the dried fluids off the bike so you're not scratching the finish as you wipe. Hydrogen peroxide, wait a moment, then flush with water (don't wipe) -- repeat as needed. Wipe dry only when all debris is gone.

But I'm now sold on Lemon Pledge as well. Went over the whole bike with it, and it looks great. I'll use it after washing instead of car wax, Honda polish, etc.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
After reading about this here I decided to try it. At Wal-mart I found a store brand item that seems to be the same & much cheaper so that's what I got.
Did a great & easy job of cleaning the bike up & it seems to stay cleaner longer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts