Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will keep this post open for questions or comments regarding this product review area.
-Bryan :D

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,
Great start.
I'm not saying you need to, but if you wish, you can add more to your review. You can write paragraphs if you want. Cover as many aspects of the product as possible to give us an ultimate feeling of what you bought. You can use the gallery to post pictures as well. This applies to anyone who is writing a review not just to Jim.

Jim, I like the rating scale idea. I included your idea on the original "read me first" post.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Might I suggest including a link to the vendors website and the retailer where it was purchased.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the idea, and added it to my review.
Thanks.
I really hope this section turns out good.
-Bryan

·
Registered
367 Posts
Clearview XXL review question

I have a question for csachs1 about his Clearview XXL review;
What kind of clearance do you have between the Clearview and your mirrors?
Paul had expressed problems in earlier meaasges about it rubbing on his mirrors and wrecking the paint.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks Paul, I guess I missed the part about it being replaced!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry for the dleay...I've nvere been in this section before

The clearance for the mirrors is small, between 1/2 and 1/4 inch I'd say, BUT I have no problems with it touching the mirrors. They apparently corrected the earlier issue and all is well. They maximized the screen very nicely.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Anyway to get more then one review under the same heading ?
Or just make up a new one with the same heading ( like Givi Windshield)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I was not thinking about editing a post, just have more then one post under a given thread if your reviewing the same product.
No problem I will just start a new thread with the same name -Givi Windshield
But not tonight

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Chris,

I just read your review on the Airhawk. The UPS man brought mine this afternoon! I did not get a air pump with mine, but it is very easy to inflate without it. After I finish with the new messages here I will go try it out! One nice thing is that it fits nicely on either the driver or passenger portion of the AN650 seat, so my wife could use it when riding 2-up. I also ordered a bead seat pad. I am curious which I'll like better.

When you get the new one for your spouse, please let me know if an air pump comes with it. Maybe they stopped providing them. I bought mine from RL Motorcycle online, $20 cheaper than other places (and maybe that has something to do with the missing pump...). If so, I really don't care. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Dear Paul:

I, too, will be interested to hear what you and your lady wife think of the Airhawk, and how it compares to a beaded seat. I have been pleased to find that my Airhawk also increases airflow under my rear, which is helpful in high summer's heat. But I'm sure the beaded seat will be leagues ahead in that regard. Let me (and everyone) know, will you?

Mike's Airhawk did not come with the air pump, either. I was a little surprised, because I bought his from the same place I bought mine. However, as you have discovered, the pump isn't necessary. I've found mine to be just another odd gizmo I have to store somewhere, and won't be able to find if I want it later. :wink: So I should edit my post to remove reference it.

Looking forward to your input, as always.

Best wishes,
Christine

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Christine,

We lock the review posts. If you do want to edit it, a moderator can unlock it for you. I don't really see a need to remove the air pump reference - you did get one with yours.

I took an hour ride using the AirHawk this evening. I liked it. Yes I did notice some airflow through it (it was about 73° F out, finally cool after a blistering hot spell). It also seems to damped those harsh little bumps that get past the scooter suspension pretty well. Despite it's price, I've read many good reviews on the AirHawk, and I can see why. Hmmmm.... My wife may find herself sitting on those hard little beads. :twisted:

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just posted a Review and a Pictorial How To, of a 650 windshield removal and install.
Should it be cross posted anywhere else to make available answers to any members questions?
If so where would be best?
Dan

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Dan,

We do not encourage cross-posting. That tends to split commentary on topics for one thing. But we do have a "How To" forum. You could start a thread in that forum to field any questions or comments that folks have on your install pics. It is OK to post the link to your pictures in your opening post there also.

Note: For other locked posts in the Reviews section, anyone can initiate discussion in a different forum. Usually it would be the Aftermarket and Accessories forum that you'd want to use, but in this case "How To" is more appropriate.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If anyone has questions about a locked review, they usually open another thread, referring back to the review, in another forum. It isn't necessary for the reviewer to create the other thread themselves.

·
Registered
211 Posts
pauljo said:
Dan,

We do not encourage cross-posting. That tends to split commentary on topics for one thing. But we do have a "How To" forum. You could start a thread in that forum to field any questions or comments that folks have on your install pics. Usually it would be the Aftermarket and Accessories forum that you'd want to use, but in this case "How To" is more appropriate.
Thanks Paul,
Started out to do a How To. It's there now also.
Probably should have cut it into two definitive threads but the one, install, photographing, editing, download, cut paste, change, edit again and ride took about 6 hours to complete. After I went for a ride I was so impressed it became a review also.
I hope it is intelligable.
Dan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts