Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This issue has been discussed here before but I have been unable to find the order of the wires that plug into the back of the ignition cylinder. I have a wiring diagram but it shows the six connection posts going across in a straight line like so. - - - - - -. The posts on mine are in two rows of three like so = = =.:confused: I have fixed all the connectors on the end of the wires and am one simple picture and ten minutes away from cruising the NC hills in perfect 75 degree weather.:p If anyone could please just go take a picture of theirs or write down the order I'd be joyously appreciative. It is a 2010 650 Exec lawn ornament aching to burn rubber. It is of very little significance what year or model you have as long as the posts or ordered the same. ===.
Thanks a lot. Enjoy your spring.:wav:

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
I don't think there is anything on LeDude's site that will show which wires go to which pin on the ignition switch plug on a 650. I think someone posted a picture of the plug once upon a time but I did some searches and could not find it. The only hope may be for someone to pull the nose off their bike and check it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nose doesn't even need to come off if your less than 50% arthritic, and still have at least some flexibility in the lower back. (I understand this may be of concern to some) If you just look up under the Tupperware to the drivers right of the front tire its all right there. You are correct, neither LeDude or Norman have a clear shot of the back of the cylinder. The diagram LeDude so graciously offers is the same one I have from the shop manual. Thanks for your concern and advice. If anyone can put forth the effort of walking to the garage and contorting your head into a position able to see up the front end it'd really help me a lot.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
This issue has been discussed here before but I have been unable to find the order of the wires that plug into the back of the ignition cylinder. I have a wiring diagram but it shows the six connection posts going across in a straight line like so. - - - - - -. The posts on mine are in two rows of three like so = = =.:confused: I have fixed all the connectors on the end of the wires and am one simple picture and ten minutes away from cruising the NC hills in perfect 75 degree weather.:p If anyone could please just go take a picture of theirs or write down the order I'd be joyously appreciative. It is a 2010 650 Exec lawn ornament aching to burn rubber. It is of very little significance what year or model you have as long as the posts or ordered the same. ===.
Thanks a lot. Enjoy your spring.:wav:
I have sent you a private message about this.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Hopefully Peelbrow's PM helped you. I went out to the shop and looked up under the front but could not see the end of the switch housing well enough to determine the sequence of the wires.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
If not I can grab a photo when I get home of my '05.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Peelbrow's PM sounds 50/50. I'll be sure to post as soon as it's figured out. I feel like this information is way to difficult to find so will do what I can to pay the help forward by posting my progress and eventual solution. Awaiting picture from peelbrow now. In the meantime I'm thinkin Ill go out and test for continuity between posts and compare the color wires that pair up on the other diagram I have. We'll see. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
By all means post the information when you get it sorted out. It may come in handy for someone else in your situation. Most folks don't have this problem because when they have ignition switch failures the plug and it's wiring are intact so they don't need to figure out which wires go where. All they have to do is unplug it and fix or replace the switch.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Maybe these will help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe these will help.

The bottom hand written pic is exactly what I was looking for.:thumbup: Thank you for your efforts. So from what I gather looking at the 2nd pic is there is a plug that should slide onto the ignition, correct? Well I'm going to have to hope I can just slide the wires directly onto the posts cause that plug aint around no mo'. Going out right now...Oh please please please work.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The bottom hand written pic is exactly what I was looking for.:thumbup: Thank you for your efforts. So from what I gather looking at the 2nd pic is there is a plug that should slide onto the ignition, correct? Well I'm going to have to hope I can just slide the wires directly onto the posts cause that plug aint around no mo'. Going out right now...Oh please please please work.
Welcome, and yes the second photo is of the connector that plugs into the ignition switch.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
The plug is the female side of the connection and the ignition switch is the male side. If you do not have the plug you should be able to just get spade connectors at a auto parts store and put one on each wire so you can plug it up. I just tested one like this on the old switch I have laying in the shop and it fits just fine

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The plug is the female side of the connection and the ignition switch is the male side. If you do not have the plug you should be able to just get spade connectors at a auto parts store and put one on each wire so you can plug it up. I just tested one like this on the old switch I have laying in the shop and it fits just fine
Ya, I figured it'd be fine but amazingly the plug literally fell out of the bike when I was stripping the wires to connect the spades. I dropped the wire stripper down in there and gave the bike a good shake to get them to drop out the bottom and walla!! Plug, with cut wires attached, and strippers fell to the ground. So, if anyone else runs into this issue the solution is to shake the bike side to side six times then drop it hard off the center stand and back and forth another two times and reach under the bike to find everything you need minus some wire connectors.:p I'm gonna try a few more shakes and see what else I can find. Crossing my fingers for a new GPS! I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for efforts. Keepitrealy'all:headbang:

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I dropped the wire stripper down in there and gave the bike a good shake to get them to drop out the bottom and walla!!

I'm gonna try a few more shakes and see what else I can find.
Careful you might get a wet cat claws drawn, lol.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I Understand Now!! Why the Torque Tamper Screws are there for,

Did not think that a Bike could be Stolen that way!! It should have been some Protection for the Ignition Connector as well. Would be Nice to Put those wires in a Steel or PVC Flex Pipe,

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
[QUOTE I gave the bike a good shakeand walla! Plug, with cut wires attached, and strippers fell to the ground. So, if anyone else runs into this issue the solution is to shake the bike side to side six times then drop it hard off the center stand and back and forth another two times and reach under the bike to find everything you need minus some wire connectors.[/QUOTE] back

So, the thief crawled under the bike on his back with a torch in his mouth, reached up, snipped the plug off and bared the necessary wires ready to start up? The guy must have fingers like feeler-gauges. BTW where were you whilst all this was happening?

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
To bad you did not find that plug sooner. It would have quickly answered you original question.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts