Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't ask :-(
Does anyone have the part number for the Fuse Panel Lid? I just cannot seem to find it. Thank you in advance for helping out.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
It happens, that piece has been known to fly away if not secured in place.

Once you get your replacement piece which pretty much should be the same for all model years from 2003 to 2012,
invest a few plastic anchors and a piece of your favorite elastic rope and secure it in place for good.

DIY - Secure Air Filter Lid

you are looking for #15 from the microfiche pic below:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It happens, that piece has been known to fly away if not secured in place. Once you get your replacement piece which pretty much should be the same for all model years from 2003 to 2012,
invest a few plastic anchors and a piece of your favorite elastic rope and secure it in place for good.
Better still, fit a headlamp switch (only 2 connections) This will allow you to switch the headlights off whenever you want AND secure the lid should it fall off again.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I lost two of them on different bikes the same day, something about riding with the glove box door open because I couldn't close it with a charger plugged in. Sigh.

Since then, I have stuck the panel over the fuse box down with a strip of hockey tape, or old-style fabric electrical tape. It's invisible and the panel stays put.

Regards
Scott Fraser

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Better still, fit a headlamp switch (only 2 connections) This will allow you to switch the headlights off whenever you want AND secure the lid should it fall off again.
Even better (if appropriate to your area's climate -- and your wallet) install a receptacle/controller for heated clothing there. Easy to plug the wiring in while seated, and easy to reach the temperature control while riding. Returning to stock configuration just requires removing the wires and replacing that one cover panel. And of course the wiring serves the same additional purpose as the headlight switch mentioned above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts