Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 400 03 Burgman that took a very hard hit to the right front leg guard and cracked it every way to Sunday. I did not want to buy it because it is a very costly part. I needed to buy the front tunnel cover because pieces of that were missing. So that part alone blew my budget. My friend told me to use his plastic welder to fix that part. I had my doubt's because I had tried to weld plastic with my heat and solder gun several times and it always failed. This kit cost 160.00 and has now welded 1000.00 worth of repairs for me on everything I own. The welds end up stronger than the orig. And I even made a missing glove box latch handle. This can be done by anyone with some skill and practice. You are a pro in about 10 min!:blob5:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What kit did you buy?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I agree with Liamjs, and the suspense is killing me.
Can you tell us where your friend got it.
Maybe even the model number or name ? :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yep they are great. I had to reweld the side panel on my Yamaha Zuma after someone tried to steal it. The steering was locked but it fell over when they pushed it off the stand. The side panel hit the rock trim next to the drive and shattered the corner. Welded it back although I have to get around to repainting. The trick with welding plastic is using the right rods for the plastic type you want to fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For havens sake, please provide a link or a name we can google. :) :banghead:

Thanks, We'll wait right here.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
ha-ha, what a teaser -- folks doing that on purpose. I can also say, that Plastic Welder is a miracle

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kit did you buy?
The kit I used came from amazon it is called:

Mini-Weld Model 6 Airless Plastic Welder 5600HT

Sorry for the delay in answering your question, I do not get online everyday. I went golfing Monday and found a broken drink holder on my pull cart. I was so excited that I knew I could weld it I only played 9 holes so I could get home and fix it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For havens sake, please provide a link or a name we can google. :) :banghead:

Thanks, We'll wait right here.

The kit I used came from amazon it is called:

Mini-Weld Model 6 Airless Plastic Welder 5600HT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts