Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently bought a 2008 Burgman 400 and in cleaning the air filter I discovered the two plastic rivets holding the engine cowling (The plastic cover covering the air filter/motor compartment) were missing.

I would like to get replacements, but have no idea their size. Does anyone know offhand what size they are, or can measure one?

I am assuming this would be best held in place with those rivets,, but does anyone not have theirs too?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
First, I wouldn't recommend direct replacements, as they are a type that I don't particularly like. You give them a quarter twist or so with a Phillips screwdriver and that is supposed to loosen them up. Maybe I have been doing something wrong but, I don't like them. I prefer the push rivets. Second, with the abundance of plastic push rivets on the Burgmans, you should always have a supply of 6mm and 8mm rivets and, I'm thinking there may be a couple of oddballs at about halfway back on the bottom cover that may be 7mm. So, go on Ebay and get a pack of each and you'll have what you need. You'll pay $6-10 per pack of 50 or 100 and, you'll never want again!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I usually pick up those plastic push-pins and other automotive connectors at the local hardware store. Pretty inexpensive and no shipping or waiting. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts