Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with the plastic apperuntance that covers our handbars? And the pizza plate that covers the middle of the bars...its huge.

I want to put saeng cockpit mounts on and this thingy gets in the way. Does anyone see a downside in removing it, has anyone removed it?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I removed mine to adjust my handlebars and then put it back on. It's like Bob says , its for cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bar covers

I also removed mine while making some adjustments and installing a new 12V marine grade outlet for a GPS unit. I then covered the handle bars & most cabling with a pair of black nylon "tube" covers used on BMX bikes. I much prefer the look with the new GPS mounted low and in the center. The OEM cover reminds me of a steering wheel in some ways.

Ride on!

-Greg

·
Registered
45 Posts
In a few days I will be mounting some RAM balls on the handlebar, steering head stem, and hydraulic brake resevoir. In preparation for that I have removed the plastic handlebar covers. It looks to me like the rider might get some roadspray in inclement weather when the handlebar cover is removed. At least without the cover in place I can stare down through the opening and see the ground. Living in SoCal where we have little rain, I might have to wait until the summer trip to determine whether the cover is strictly cosmetic or not. After getting the RAM balls squared away I will make a decision about whether I want to create cut-outs in the plastic cover or not. One option is to just leave the handlebar cover off and reinstall it only after I have removed the RAM balls prior to selling the bike (a long, long time in the future, I hope).

·
Registered
370 Posts
a photo "How to" remove guide

I have posted full directions about how to install my turn signal beeper kit, and the first part of the process is removing the handlebar cover. For a clear, photo detailed description, you can go to my site and scroll down to the install instructions. It'll be easy to see how that bit of bodywork comes off.
http://www.rvgadgets.net
Hope this helps.
jac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts