Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Good People,

I'll need to be buying some plasma's for the new home. The ones I have now are all Sony's, purchased one at a time with my usual attitude of just buying whatever was the top of the line that Sony had to offer in the size we wanted, since I never really had the time or desire to do any actual research. Nevertheless, I'm very happy with them. But now I'll be needing to buy a bunch of them at one time, and feel obligated to appear as if I'm making a reasoned purchase. It looks like I'll need four 42 inchers, one 32 incher, and two 50 or 60 inchers, I'm not sure yet which because the price premium to go from 50 to 60 inches seems hideous.

I was wondering if anyone could steepen the learning curve for me with any information, personal experiences, web links or whatnot. I sure would be grateful.

Pardon me, I forgot to mention that unfortunately I can't use the existing plasma's because we are not vacating this home, just building another.

Again, thanks so much for any help.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Who watches television?

·
Registered
355 Posts
seatec said:
Why not go front projection , thats the way i went, got 80in screen, HDTV, and new sound syst ... Wayne
What brand/model???

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have heard the PLASMA's start losing their brightness levels as soon as
the first use. Not sure to what extent of light degredation, but worth checking into since you'll be having to shell our a few $$ soon. Also heard
from a techie that LCD's are great if you have the $$.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Projector is a Benq6100, got it at Staples for $799. I had no sound system so I had to buy a new one, i wanted HD so I had to buy a new sat reciever, screen is just melomene, painted with a silver paint. You can have what ever size screen you want, depends on length of room, some have 10 ft screens. My projector is mounted on celing about 14ft back from screen. I was going to spend $5000 for a 50in Sony, glad I didnt. This is just the cheap projector , but an amasing picture in HD and DVD, regular Tv is just a little duller. I have 36 in TV and never watch it now. You need a dark room , will not be very good with light comming in windows, that the only draw back. AVS fourms have lots of info and can answer any questions on it. It seems to be something not too many knows about. wayne

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thanks, that's a good start.

Thanks for the links, Dan.

Mike, I have an LCD as well, but don't care for it as much as the plasma's. The lcd washes out badly from a side view, and I've not experienced the plasma trouble you mentioned.

Thanks Wayne, but the flat panels suite my purpose better.

Also thanks to Randy for the generous offer. :lol:

Norm, the nightly parade of gruel and political food fighters bores me rigid, but I do really enjoy documentaries, indy films, and foreign films. Sadly, they are in short supply from the local cable company, so I too rarely watch tv. A show or two per week, perhaps.

Peace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts