Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well enough thinking and talking,

Time to decide so I put down a deposit for a 2005 650 Burgman this Saturday. The dealer gave me some incentive by selling it to me $400 over his costs...now I just have to find out how much a 2005 really costs. Apparently the Suzuki dealer meeting (here in Canada) is next week and they will announce pricing and models. I have something to look forward to and thanks to all the good folks here for all the glowing reviews and comments about their experiences. I was convinced and sold by you all the not the sales person who I did the deal with.

I found myself explaining to him everything about the Burgmans and the enthusiam that others feel about the 650.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Conggratulations on the purchase! I'm sure you'll be glad you bought a Burgman and will have a great time riding it.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Timothy,

Congratulations on putting down the deposit. I walked away from the salesperson at my dealer after his first two answers to my questions showed that he was totally uninformed about the AN650. I would have been OK with "I don't know" type responses, but when he glibly spewed bad information at me I walked directly to the sales managers office without saying "goodbye". I did my deal directly with the sales manager.

I hope all goes well with the rest of your transaction.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Congratulations on your informed decision. This site helped me make up my mind. Now the hard part... waiting to take delivery...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Congrats Tim :cheers:

Are you keeping the K4 or churning it?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Normb,

For now I'm keeping the 400. Don't want to take a big loss (finanicial) and besides it doesn't take up much room and I really love the way it rides. I'll get rid of the BMer or Moto Guzzi before I get rid of it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You are going to have to get a Fleet rate on your insurance! :lol:
Nice!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey you know in B.C. there is talk of doing fleet insurance. You insure your most expensive bike and then you are allowed to move the one plate around to the different vehicles. They were talking of implementing this coming January for motorcycles. I hope it comes true.

·
Registered
969 Posts
pauljo said:
I would have been OK with "I don't know" type responses, but when he glibly spewed bad information at me I walked directly to the sales managers office without saying "goodbye".
The first year the Silver Wing came out I went into a shop to look at it. The "salesman" was talking all kinds of "90 miles per gallon, fer sher, man. And how about doin' one-thirty on a SCOOTER, dude?" I wondered if I should ask him if it was a.m. or p.m. Instead, I just walked out.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts