Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really upset at this forum. Since I "discovered" it, I have done nothing except read every post and search through every picture related to windshields, flame graphics, backrests and oil changes plus follow every other thread or link that looks even mildly interesting. So, thanks to you, what started as having just a toy has turned into a quest for the following: silver-on-silver flame graphics for a ghost effect (most likely from Cyclegraphics or Tapeworks (inspiration from Allwalk, btw, personal thanks to you for this $200 "necessity")), a short trip across the border for the larger Suzuki windshield (if the dealer ever bothers to call me back), maintenance courtesy of moi, and the backrest...hmm, still undecided on this one...I like the idea from rvtoys but it looks somehow unfinished i.m.h.o. So, anyway, thanks alot for forcing me to spend all this extra diners. Are there any discussions on how to justify it to the Mrs.???

·
Registered
355 Posts
This past weekend my wife mentioned that I am happier, less stressed and have lost weight since buying our AN650.

and it's cheaper than thearpy.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Prof

You've caught the Bug - or is it the Burg! :lol:

........................and what price does the missus put on happiness anyway? :wink:

·
Registered
806 Posts
You might have to get rid of the Mrs. or the Burgie at this point.

You have a prenup, right??

;)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Get the Mrs. her own Burgman and then say, "Honey, don't we need this <insert Burgman toy here> for our bikes??? :wink:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The money is pocket change compared to what the typical Harley, Gold Wing, or Ducati rider spends on their bike. The time spent on this forum? That is an issue. It's probably time to buy the Mrs some roses. :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Professor said:
(inspiration from Allwalk, btw, personal thanks to you for this $200 "necessity")
I'm glad I could help . Thats what this forum is all about :D

Are there any discussions on how to justify it to the Mrs.???
Does this mean I shouldn't be checking the mail box for a dinner invitation? :dontknow:

You have to take the Mrs. for several long rides to get her hooked as well. If that doesn't work , organize a Burgman Breakfast Ride in your area and if that doesn't work.........I guess your S.O.L.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Are there any discussions on how to justify it to the Mrs.???
Professor, just think of all the money that you didn't have to spend for an "over-priced" Harley or Gold Wing in the first place.

Where I live in Canada, a dressed up Harley or a Goldwing costs about $30,000. :shock: :shock: :shock:

A Burgman 650 is about $11,000. :sunny:

That's fairly close to a $20,000 difference. You can buy a lot of accessories for the Burgy and still have money in the bank...plus the insurance is way cheaper.

Just show your wife how much you saved. That's what my wife does to me all the time...especially if she really didn't need the item in the first place. "Oh, look dear, I save 60%!" :love3:

Reg

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey Prof!

:lol: Cheaper than a luxury vacation and lasts nearly all year 'round. That's how I got mine. Lynn (Tall Woman) didn't want to take a week's vacation, spend a fortune and be jacka$$ing through airports, etc. I proposed the Burgie--she loved the idea. We got one in May and now our second two weeks ago. So we won't be doing any big vacation for a few years--but the Burgie makes every day like a vacation! :D

Welcome and enjoy the ride,

Bryna

1 - 10 of 10 Posts