Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving in a few days for my longest ride on my 650 Burgman Pismo to Georgia and back planning on about a 15 day or shorter trip I have never ridden my burgman on this long of a trip 300 mile days has been my longest but I have ridden others bikes across country many times I love the bike and will keep posting along the trip should be around 4800-5000 thousand trip

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
God Speed....We all luv pictures !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like the song “ all my bags are packed” which they were then my trip has been pushed back leaving now on the 27th so an update later in the meantime I’m impressed with the storage capabilities after I got the bike loaded now unloaded but just waiting till Wednesday

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
That’s got to be one of the most beautiful renditions of that song to date.

I find singing at the top of my lungs helps pass time when stuck riding slab .... I hate slab.

Can you give us a google map with your planned route ?

·
Administrator
18,070 Posts
I do a screen shot using the upper right PrtSc button. Then I open 'MS Paint' and paste it there. I crop off the borders and all the URL bars. Then I 'Save As' a Jpeg on my desktop. I most times will resize in in Paint to a 1200 by 900 pixel.
Then using the Paper clip at the bottom of the post, I place it on the page.

But I never do posting on my phone, always on my PC Laptop.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
35 hrs of Slab 😱 one way ? I’d book a RT ticket out of Atlanta and fly home and then do a fly n ride Labor Day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that's a long story one son is here one in Georgia the son here bought a new Harley and wants to upgrade the motor son two works for Harley so riding there to get the motor work and visit with son two and family

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Cool that’s noble ....Glad you’re riding with someone to help offset motel costs. When you get to Arkansas take some state and county roads in the general direction you need to go.

I’m glad we got the photo thing figured out before you shipped out....we like photos.

Keep us posted on your progress.

P.S. Remember to pack a pencil air pressure gauge and keep those tires aired up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I finally got to get on the road day 1 left the house cold and foggy so almost 500 miles later I'm in kingman az had to call it a day the temperature gauge worked it way from 116,117,118 and then just went to HI drinking lots of water and going to get an early start
2a4e6f0a-e18c-4ed6-8585-0b5aea86636c-jpeg.90413.jpg

FFD450FD-1EF3-4168-8010-A03071EE4308.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
How’s the Harley and it’s rider holding up ? I thought the first pic was a picture of the setting sun but you riding east ...it was a dash light. Thanks for the update and drink a Gator-Aid once a day till you get out of those temps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How’s the Harley and it’s rider holding up ? I thought the first pic was a picture of the setting sun but you riding east ...it was a dash light. Thanks for the update and drink a Gator-Aid once a day till you get out of those temps.
Boy your not kidding can't get enough liquids and the Harley rider is having a blast also

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day 2 lots of wind started at just before 5:00am had to deal with the rising sun but made it to Santa Rosa New Mexico right at a 600 mile day and now I noticed a little vibration in the handlebars and find my front tire is starting to cup and when I come to a stop a little shimmy so I'll be looking for a tire in route

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Put the scoot on the center stand and check for bearing noises also see if you can find a 90deg air valve when you replace the tire. Try to eat cantaloupe and cucumber for breakfast .

·
Administrator
18,070 Posts
I'd call into one of the CycleGears to see if they can get you a tire. There may be a day or two shipping wait.

There's one in Ft Worth TX, Oklahoma City OK and Wichita KS. See if they have the good bolt on 90 degree aluminum valve stems too.

There are other cycle shops but CycleGear are always nice folks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Put the scoot on the center stand and check for bearing noises also see if you can find a 90deg air valve when you replace the tire. Try to eat cantaloupe and cucumber for breakfast .
Wow great advice thank you I did put it on the center stand and check for looseness side to side and front to back but didn't spin it I will try that

1 - 20 of 48 Posts