Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
130/70/13.....I see they have some on eBay for $50 with free shipping. How do these tires last on miles?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Awesome tire for grip! I got approx. 6500 on the rear and 10,000 on the front.
If you run them at the 2-up tire pressure they last longer.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks awfully ode bean...I'd better go back to Bridgestones, i'm looking more for 10k
What pressures are 2 up?

·
Registered
57 Posts
:tongue:Chappy, If the $50 tyres come with a recommendation and the rear lasts at least 6500 miles and the front 10000 plus and the grip is good IMHO you are in tyre heaven for that price and you will not get better value for money. I take it the $50 tyres are not from "The Dark Side" Goodness forbid ! (To lean or not to lean that is the question !!)

WM

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's very true my mates, The only problem I have is i ride 100 miles per day five days a week across the bloody prairie. ( 36 miles turn left and go 14 then return)

I have to pull the wheel on a regular basis, so I'm sort of stuck in that rut, give me as many miles as you can babe because were only going to run a flat spot on this rubber! Lol

I need to get the longest lasting tire possible so I don't have to keep pulling the wheel even though a 10000 miler might costs more, that's not a problem.

Going through the Shinko rear at 4000 miles, so no more Shinko"s. It was only 40 bucks but I got to pull the wheel again!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
2-up tire pressures are listed on the ID plate.
It is always higher for the rear tire with the more weight of 2 people riding or traveling with extra gear.
It helps reduce heat build up in the tire and helps with it lasting longer.

PS- Many who tour on their scooters will set up a tire change along the way in advance.
Most rear tires don't last for a cross country trek and back.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've had good luck with Dunlop Scooterline on the 400. About 10k front and back. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's about as good as the Bridgestone's, did they feel any softer? They are about $10 a piece more.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I got 10k+ miles on rear from Diablos & Metzeler tires. Diablos were the cheapest cost per mile for me. Metzelers did last a 1000 miles more.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
To be honest, I'm going to darkside my 650 when the time comes - and it's coming up soon! I should probably order the tire now. The Bridgestone rear I bought new on October 31st is already showing significant wear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts