Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from having a new Pirelli Diablo tire mounted on the back of my 650, it's 105 degrees F so I'm not doing any riding today, I did take it through some twisties but since it's not broke in yet you will have to wait a little bit for my evaluation. I will follow up later when I have had a chance to see how I like it. It definately feels different. I still have the original Bridgestone on the front, I will be getting the front tire in another week or two.
Am I the first guy to put a Diablo on a Burgman? I wouldn't mind being the first in the world...lol.
On a sadder note, tuesday my wife was driving my BMW 528i home from work and was sitting at a dead stop in a construction zone on the highway and some idiot came flying around a curve and apparently wasn't paying any attention to all the cars stopped and slammed into the rear end hurting her and doing massive damage to my car, I don't know the extent of her injuries yet or the total dollar amount of damage to the best car I ever had, but it's a real BUMMER!!! :(

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Jeff - I am so sorry to hear your news and hope the damage to your wife is not serious and she recovers quickly.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Jeff,

Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

:flower: This is for her.

Janine :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
gunrun69 said:
On a sadder note, tuesday my wife was driving my BMW 528i home from work and was sitting at a dead stop in a construction zone on the highway and some idiot came flying around a curve and apparently wasn't paying any attention to all the cars stopped and slammed into the rear end hurting her and doing massive damage to my car, I don't know the extent of her injuries yet or the total dollar amount of damage to the best car I ever had, but it's a real BUMMER!!! :(
I'm so sorry too her about Mona. You tell her we will keep her in are prayers. That's one thing that scares me on my scoot. I've allready been rear ended at a slow speed. And you just don't know when it might happen again. I'm glad Mona was in the BMW. At least she came out of it alive. Tell Mona, moma and myself will be thinking of her. And to get well soon.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
gunrun69
I am going to take a guess here, you are more worried about your wife then the car, right :D
Glad shes OK....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aches and Pains

It is a little disheartening to look into your rearview mirror just to see a boat of a car plowing down toward you. So what did I do? I stiffened up, which is the worst thing to do. It was bad enough to be in the wreck but to add insult to injury .... I just HAD to be driving his BMW and not mine when it happened. My poor hubby's car. It was one of the happiest days when I was able to buy the BMW for him. To just see it looking like an according now, really hurts!! Thanks for all your get well wishes! I am doing ok....so far. Just a stiff neck, some aches and pains and a couple of bruises. No broken bones!!!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Glad to hear your relatively OK Mrs. Gunrun. The car can be replaced and I guess now he has to stick to riding his Burgman......Oh what a shame.

Hope the aches and pains are over soon.

·
Registered
287 Posts
gunrun69 said:
...but it's a real BUMMER!!! :(
Yeah, what a bummer for the beamer! Glad to hear Mrs. Gunrun is relatively ok.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I'm glad Mrs Gunrun69 was not seriously hurt. I hope she recovers from the inevitable aches and pains quickly. And I wish you the best in getting insurance settled and the car repaired or replaced without too much aggravation.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok - whipcash?

Nothing like the other person's insurance buying you a suitable replacement - say a BMW 745?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts