Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for inspiration 馃か ... If you tour with your Burgman, please post pictures of your touring setup. I need as much storage as possible (beyond what can fit under the seat) so it would be great to learn from the storage you chose and how you mounted them (side bags, rear bags, etc.).

Registered
I like having side bags and a top case so I can carry clothes, a bike cover, rain suit, spare gloves, hat, and jacket liners.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, @bcoil ! Looks great. That's what I want to outfit on mine. Any tips for the cases and mounts you used? I have no experience mounting cases to mine. And when I search, I don't find many brackets and cases that are designed to fit a Burgman.

Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
I like to pack simply. That doesn't mean I am successful at it though. I do pack enough to camp and ride on some long trips. I usually only go for a 5 or 6 day weekend but I can extend that to several weeks or more without changing anything other than doing laundry every few days. 4-5 changes of shirts, socks and skivvies and enough food to make my own breakfast (don't like eating out for that meal). The food can be replenished, the clothes can be washed, gas tank refilled, everything else will last the duration. I use dry bags, sometimes called float bags if you like to Kayak, on the back seat since I always ride solo. One for my tent and tarp (keep those separate from everything in case I have to pack them wet), one for my sleeping pad (too big to fit under the seat or in my top case. I don't have side cases/saddlebags to keep the Burgman slimmer and also I really don't need them. I do have a smaller dry bag in the step through tunnel for extra water, rain suit, extra riding liners and gloves and my first aid kit.
This is a photo from my last trip to MN and looks the same as almost all my trips. And a pic of some of my camp set up. Those 2 orange or orange lined items on the back seat are a camp stool (in the tent photo) and a more comfy camp chair for sitting around the camp fire with the gang. EVERYTHING else fits under the seat or in the top case.

Registered
I removed the back rest and secured a steel plate in its place, about 9 x 10 in. The I went to amazon for a top case. Givi made the side bags and brackets.

Registered
I removed the back rest and secured a steel plate in its place, about 9 x 10 in. The I went to amazon for a top case. Givi made the side bags and brackets.
Make sure its at least 1/4" or it could bend. 1/8" one at homedepot won't work. I tried it and it bent.
Also to drill a hole use the lowest speed on your drill press /drill.

Registered
I'm looking for inspiration ... If you tour with your Burgman, please post pictures of your touring setup. I need as much storage as possible (beyond what can fit under the seat) so it would be great to learn from the storage you chose and how you mounted them (side bags, rear bags, etc.).
Here's my ride

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Registered
I like to pack simply. That doesn't mean I am successful at it though. I do pack enough to camp and ride on some long trips. I usually only go for a 5 or 6 day weekend but I can extend that to several weeks or more without changing anything other than doing laundry every few days. 4-5 changes of shirts, socks and skivvies and enough food to make my own breakfast (don't like eating out for that meal). The food can be replenished, the clothes can be washed, gas tank refilled, everything else will last the duration. I use dry bags, sometimes called float bags if you like to Kayak, on the back seat since I always ride solo. One for my tent and tarp (keep those separate from everything in case I have to pack them wet), one for my sleeping pad (too big to fit under the seat or in my top case. I don't have side cases/saddlebags to keep the Burgman slimmer and also I really don't need them. I do have a smaller dry bag in the step through tunnel for extra water, rain suit, extra riding liners and gloves and my first aid kit.
This is a photo from my last trip to MN and looks the same as almost all my trips. And a pic of some of my camp set up. Those 2 orange or orange lined items on the back seat are a camp stool (in the tent photo) and a more comfy camp chair for sitting around the camp fire with the gang. EVERYTHING else fits under the seat or in the top case.
View attachment 91530 View attachment 91531
I like the seat. Does it have a heater? My 16 has Stock heated seats. I would like to change up to a custom, but the heat is great on a chilly Colorado morning.

Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
That's a Corbin seat and is very VERY comfortable, but does not have the seat heater option. I really wish it didn't have the socket for a rider back rest as well since I don't need that and there is a hole in the bottom of that socket for a lock screw that is open to the storage box. I plugged that being concerned about water getting in. I have the right gear for riding in some very cold temps so never felt the need for heated grips or seat. But I do have heated gloves that I've moved from one bike to the next for my last 4 bikes. I do believe that if you were to replace your stock seat with a Corbin you would loose the factory heated seat option. Corbin has their own heated seat option but don't think that ties into the Suzuki factory system. You should be still able to somehow wire in the seat heater switch to a Corbin heat option but would possibly/likely loose the indicator on the dash for seat heater.

Registered
I have the Gerbing heated jacket liner and the digital controller and for cold weather riding there is nothing better. It even has a heated collar so you just turn up the collar and have no cold draft on your neck. While I have the heated seat I don't even use it because the jacket and heated grips are more than enough warmth, even down to freezing!

Registered
I have the Gerbing heated jacket liner and the digital controller and for cold weather riding there is nothing better. It even has a heated collar so you just turn up the collar and have no cold draft on your neck. While I have the heated seat I don't even use it because the jacket and heated grips are more than enough warmth, even down to freezing!
Those heated grips don鈥檛 seem to make much difference, even with the larger Givi windshield. I鈥檝e used the Disposable heater pads in my insulated gauntlet gloves. These worked well when I road through Yellowstone in a wet snow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts