Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I surprised the dealer Thursday by going in to see what arrangements could be made to pickup the bike earlier than planned, as heavy rain is expected for this Saturday.

They had just brought it back from vehicle inspection, and 45 minutes later, I was on my way.

Took the wifee out tonight for 2 hours of riding, with a dinner break....Seat seems stiff for both of us, but all is VERY new for me.

Have a total of about 60 miles so far.
FYI....Burg400 vs Goldwing1500
With 2 up, Burg MUCH easier to slow-go in traffic, slow turn arounds, etc...however, cautious restraints on overtaxing the machine at this stage are driving me nuts on the open highway. Quite a bit of wind impact tonight, but gusts were heavier than normal.

So far, I do miss the creature comforts of the Wing....CB, Radio, Intercom, turnsignals that go off automatically, reverse....Funny thing is I am still reaching for the foot pedal brake on the Burgman...(PS) it doesn't work very well, but my right foot is sore from automatically pushing anyway.

I plan to ride locally whenever the weather permits and no rain...as I don't like to ride wet....

But, quite simply, overall the Burg400 is FUN!

Brian
the InsurancesGuy

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Cool and congtrats Brian. I'm actually really interested in your wifes opinion on her ride on the passenger seat. Maybe after a few more trips you could get her to write a comparison review between riding on the back of the Burger vs the Goldwing.
One of the main reasons I bought the Burger was I thought it would be better for my passengers and lets face it there were now midsize Goldwings available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife's Burg400 comments

Actually, she enjoyed our brief excursion last night. She is 5'4" tall, so riding comfort was and is important to her also. She liked the separate foot rests for her on the Burg, because she was always too small to reach the normal GL1500 Wing footrests.
However, she did complain that the passenger backrest on the Burg was too far back for her....she kept slipping forward...she has already suggested a small pillow addition.

Any one have any suggestions on a rear box with backrest for the Burgman 400? I am not having any luck on this quest.
Thanks,
Brian
the InsurancesGuy

·
Registered
409 Posts
Brian:

I just installed a GIVI E52NF on my 650. Go check out the various GIVI sites to look at the various cases for yours. Stick to the monokey cases instead of the monolock cases. Look at the V46 with pad.

Eddie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why the Monokey?

Stick to the monokey cases instead of the monolock cases.
Edwljoseph: Why the monokey? Isn't the monolock supposed to suitible for maxi-scooters?

Is it just because of size, or some other features?

I'd be happy if you could shed some light on this...

thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The monolock was designed for smaller scooters. It does work on the megascooters. Check out the price of the monolock bracket for a Burgman versus the price of the monokey bracket for the Burgman.

there is also a greater selection of monokey cases.

The best deal out there is the E52NF. It is flat black with the brakelight kit already installed. It is about $20.00 cheaper than buying the case and brakelight kit separately.

Eddie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eddie....I get bogged down on the GIVI site, and I am unable to find any accessories listed on their site for the Burg400? Can you provide us a web link?
Thanks!
Brian
the InsurancesGuy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts