Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After making the decision to trade in a brand new GSX-R1000 for the 650, I finally got to pick it up today :)
First impressions, very very good!
The screen is awful, but being an ex-400 Burgman owner I knew the screen would be bad, and I was'nt disapointed!
In fact I was so convinced the screen would be no good that I ordered a larger one yesterday, and hopefully I collect it tomorrow!
I was worried beforehand about the size and weight of the 650 but it was a piece of cake, first 5 minutes were a little wobbly, but after that no problem.
Performance is more than satisfactory, coming from a GSX-R1000
Some people have commented on not liking the engine braking produced, but being someone who has owned 1000 V-Twins I love the engine braking.
Talking about brakes, I was very impressed at how good the brakes were, and thats with only 50 miles on the clock, no doubt they will get even more bite once they bed in.
Made a right mess when I filled it up, ended up with petrol everywhere. When I got home I read the manual and it said to not to try to fill it to the brim DOH!
My 650 being the executive also has the electric mirrors fitted which work a treat, I have quite a tight gate to get my scoot thru', when I pulled up, I opened the gate, pressed the button, mirrors retracted and it went thru' the gate very easily. It was like something out of Thunderbirds :lol:
Not had a chance to try the ABS out, but I will once I have got used to the scoot.

I am going on holiday (vacation) in 2 weeks time on the scooter, and I have booked it in for its first service before I go, so I have got to clock up 600 miles in 2 weeks......
Can't wait to get the taller screen on, and get it broken in so I can open her up!

Sorry for boring all you existing owners, but I love it!
I can see me keeping this for a long time.

Andy

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congrats on the 650 Executive (you lucky devil). Can't wait till they are available here. Putting 600 miles on in 2 weeks should be a breeze. The problem may be keeping from putting a LOT more mileage on it. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here in the USa, all I would want from the executive would be the abs. Of course, a radio package wouldn't be bad.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I want those electronically retractable mirrors. Yes. That way, when I pull into my carport (three feet and change wider than my Passat) I wouldn't have to stop and manually retract them.

On the other hand, what if some electronic widget failed, and you couldn't get them back out again?

Oh, the choices, the choices!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Where is the switch for the mirros?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Putting 600 miles on in 2 weeks should be a breeze. The problem may be keeping from putting a LOT more mileage on it.
Yep, had it one day and I have 163 miles on the clock, 13 days before its first service, and I 'only' have 430 miles left to play with! :lol:
Where is the switch for the mirrors?
It is yet another switch on top of the left hand cluster! Its a great talking point when I show off the bike. I was stuck in some traffic today, a press of the button and I squeezed thru' a tight gap, pressed the button again and the mirrors went back to normal view :lol:

Now I ride a large Scooter, I am now an outcast in the eyes of the motorcycle fraternity :(
Most car drivers seem to like the scooter and can see the practical advantages, but a lot of bike riders just turn their noses up...... if only they knew! :)
Today I had the day off work, and I have been clocking up the miles, and I am still very impressed. The original screen has to be the worst designed screen ever!
Tomorrow I am picking up the new larger screen and I cannot wait to get it fitted!
I have started to open it up a little bit more, overtook a car today in power mode and in the blink of an eye it hit 90mph
Yep still impressed!

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts