Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a REPO with 1220 miles on it . It comes with a rather convoluted story that I won't bore any one with . Got it at a great price and except for about a $1,000 worth of cosmetic damage it's like new . I have no idea what I am going to do with it right now , but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up . Right now I'm thinkin a quick flip , but then who knows ?
The left side looks good , the right .........not so much

By the way , the Silverwing can't hold a candle to the 650 Burgman's ride , that said it will last a lot longer :(

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Very nice Reaper. Its a firm favourite over here in the UK and I agree about it's potential to last a long time. Covering high mileage without problems is it's forte. It's basically very similar to a Burgman 400 but with a bigger twin engine. Uses same clutch type etc etc. A good diy'er for anyone to keep over a long time, just like the Burgman 400!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice Reaper. Its a firm favourite over here in the UK and I agree about it's potential to last a long time. Covering high mileage without problems is it's forte. It's basically very similar to a Burgman 400 but with a bigger twin engine. Uses same clutch type etc etc. A good diy'er for anyone to keep over a long time, just like the Burgman 400!
No doubt about it , they will take a licking and keep on ticking . That said NOTHING rides like the lardy , not even close .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
748 Posts
No doubt about it , they will take a licking and keep on ticking . That said NOTHING rides like the lardy , not even close .

TheReaper!
Does the 650 ride that much better then the 400? That's my biggest complaint is my 400 rides horrible! The shock is terrible and forks are not much better! Wish I could find an aftermarket shock.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The 650 rides marginally better than the 400 - probably due to its larger wheels and more rubber on the road (as opposed to a better suspension). Like all 650 riders, despite our love for the bike, we all wish it had better suspension.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
By far the biggest difference in terms of pure handling is that the 650 does not have to 'process' the dynamic loads that the 400 has to cope with that directly result from the 'engine on the swing arm' arrangement.

Having said that both the 400 and the 650 suffer from limited and standard suspension arrangements that can be improved to some extent.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You're right Norman, in terms of handling, the 650 has the clear advantage. In terms of dealing with less than perfect pavement (humps, bumps, seams, cracks, patches), they both suck. The 650 sucks a little less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts