Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually have pretty good google-fu, but maybe not this time. I'm interested in what the OEM heated grip/heated seat switch gear looks like on late model Canadian 650 Exec's.

Did the search here, on google, on the Canadian Suzuki site and in the fiche links from the knowledgebase. No luck.

Anyone have a link to some photos where I could see what that switch gear looks like?

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Re: Photo's of Canadian 650 Ex heated grip/heated seat switc

Here it is mounted on the 650 left lower handlebars.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

I've just been out in 4 degrees Celsius, and I'd sure like some floor board heating.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

MJR said:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/General/57100-06880.aspx?Tab=&Style=&CategoryId= The photo isn't of it on the Burgman 650. Here's a photo of the kit.

No, that not on 650 Burgie in Canada.

Europe/Canada have same as photo here.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

Chérie said:

There's two different ones Chérie. The ones for '03-'08 are like the ones I posted with the rotary knob as seen here http://erling-sande.no/erlingsande/fron ... 0AN650.pdf and shown in the factory service manual on page 18-2.

The one you posted is the newer style one for '09-'12 models and shown in the factory service manual on page 19-6.

So your photo answers the original post question on what the 2012 one looks like. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

In canada Winter Pack only available as 2009 yes, not previous to then. 3 LED offer 5 haet set. When press button it turn on full heat 3 full red LED, each time press button heat go to lower 4 3.5 LED, again to level 3 2 full LED, etc.

They very nice to have standard on bike, when cold, heat glove,heat pant liner and heat vest better. Below 35°- 38°F.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Does anybody know if these would be plug and play on the Burgman in USA? :?:

·
Administrator
18,384 Posts

Chaplain KC said:
Does anybody know if these would be plug and play on the Burgman in USA? :?:
The wiring is in place that all it plugs into, I think. It would be wise to look in the service manual for your year. The hard part would to source the parts. Ebay in Europe or Canada???

·
Registered
122 Posts

I installed Heat Demons (Inside the handle bar type) a few weeks ago and they work great!

The local shop had a set of the Metric Motorcycle model (7/8"-1") on sale 40% off and I snatched them up.
I was going to have to do a ton of work on either the controler, (strip out the electronics and mount them in some thing else or modify the controler so it could be mounted in/on the handlebar tupperware), or drastic modification on the handle bars and/or tupperware to mount them.
Whilst looking for solutions, I ran across these same controlers for a Gold Wing. They come with a spacer which will raise the controler above the plastic and still use the standard mounts.
This would cut the carving to a minimum if it would work.

Weeellll, it did and it didn't. It put the controler high enough to be level with the rest of the controls but, the tupperware still had to be cut around it to look right.
I did the bottom piece first as I am also installing a mini volt meter in the plastic on the right side and the Heat Demons on the left.
I wired them the the accessory plug located under the instrument cluster. I am too lazy to find a plug which matched the plug already there so I spliced a marine plug to same wire and pluged into that.
The volt meter is coming from the main feed on the fuse box with another marine plug.
After I cut the hole for the meter, I dicovered the bezel with the meter will not work on the plastic so, I dropped the level of the meter to make it flush with the surface of the tupperware and will have to make filler to go around it and hope the finished product looks factory.
The top cut for the controler did not go as smoothly. The blade broke on my saw cutting a 1/4" gouge above the controler, the broken blade scraping along the top and then chipping off the bottom of the tuppereware at the leading edge on the bottom of the controler cut.
<SIGH> More filler work. I HATE filler work...
(Do not know which upset me more, the ripped plastic or the $34 blade. Grrr!) :evil:

The nice thing is, they work. Almost too well. When the temp was 29F yesterday, I had them set on level 2 of 4 and my hand was getting just a tad over done by the time I reached work. :D

Another nice thing is the company.
When I inquired as to the price of the Gold Wing spacer and matching bolts, they sent them to me free! Nice people.
http://www.heatdemons.com/
They want pictures and as soon as I have the filler work done, I will send them along. I will post before and after here as well if you would like.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts

$300???..they must be INSANE.

MJR said:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessories/General/57100-06880.aspx?Tab=&Style=&CategoryId= The photo isn't of it on the Burgman 650. Here's a photo of the kit.

·
Registered
345 Posts

I'd love to have the OEM kit for a 2009 Burgman 650. Have no idea where I could order it. I rode one in Europe with the factory installed grip heat and I really like the fit and finish.

Even if the harness is not completely in place on my USA 09 Exec, I could fit it in. The mounting holes are definitely present on the left switch pod.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hello All.............I put my controller inside the left glove compartment....out of the weather,as I found mine went to full heat when it got wet., now not a problem, easy to adjust too...KEN.

·
Registered
438 Posts

MJR said:
Chérie said:

There's two different ones Chérie. The ones for '03-'08 are like the ones I posted with the rotary knob as seen here http://erling-sande.no/erlingsande/fron ... 0AN650.pdf and shown in the factory service manual on page 18-2.

The one you posted is the newer style one for '09-'12 models and shown in the factory service manual on page 19-6.

So your photo answers the original post question on what the 2012 one looks like. :thumbup:
I have a pair of 2009s. The handlebar switch is as Cherie posted. It is nasty on the 2009, since it will cut into the rim of the mirror is the bike is moved with the mirrors are folded. I just bought new brackets to put on my bike. The switch is basically the same, so the old one can be adapted to mount it. FWIW

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts