Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in Best Buy the other day I came across an item called the Phillips ShoqBox. It is a 256 MB MP3 player with an FM tuner and a pair of very powerful for their size (about the size of a half dollar) speakers. The unit itself is not much bigger than (and comes with) a case that would hold a set of goggles. It has a 10 hour battery and an AC cord. The demo unit in the store put out alot of sound. This might be a natural for a velcro or magnetic temporary mount on a Burgman or many other bikes. If they would have had it in another color besides white I probably would have bought it to try. Price was 119.95. There is a great Flash demo for it on the Best Buy website.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Deuce, I also bought a 256 MB MP3 player with FM tuner from Best Buy. It's a Scandisk and comes in 128, 256 or 1 gig. Has a plastic case with a strap that slips through the back of the case and has velcro ends so it can be strapped to your arm while riding. Didn't come with headphones but I bought a cheap set of ear buds which my 3/4 helmet slips right down over. The volume isn't great with the 3/4 helmet. The wind noise still drown out some of the volume, but I have ordered a Boostaroo to plug in and increase the volume 40-70%. Around town I get good volume, it's only on the highway at 65-70 that the wind affects the sound. I'll be looking for better ear/headphones as time permits. I don't strap mine to my arm, just slip it in my pocket.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main thing that I was looking at is the ShoqBox has actual small speakers built in to it that do away with need for any type of headphone.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Deuce206 said:
The main thing that I was looking at is the ShoqBox has actual small speakers built in to it that do away with need for any type of headphone.
Deuce

I bought one of these and velcroed it to the left brake reservoir. I LOVED IT! I can't tell you how great it is IF you only want a MP3 player. Unfortunately, I wanted a radio so, very reluctantly, I returned it.

If I remember, I could hear this baby to about 55 mph and I think it's one of the greatest things I've seen. If all you want to hear is MP3s, this thing is definitely something to consider.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Shoqbox

I have the Shoqbox. I got it to hear while riding. I really like it - it's an MP3 player, alarm, FM radio, and can also be used as speakers, so it's very versatile.

Before I got my Burgman, I was riding a Kymco People 150 with a full-face helmet. In (Los Angeles) traffic - (non-freeway) I can hardly hear the Shoqbox, even when it's at full volume. Maybe I didn't have it positioned well, and should try it on my Burgman.

In any case I kept it because of its versatility. I'm still looking into marine speakers, though.

Patti

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Re: Shoqbox

edtech2000 said:
I have the Shoqbox. I got it to hear while riding. I really like it - it's an MP3 player, alarm, FM radio, and can also be used as speakers, so it's very versatile.

Patti
Patti, you are right and I should qualify what I said.

It does have a radio but I couldn't get mine to "grab" the station I wanted to hear.

It's a great little thing. I was thinking of keeping it to use as speakers for my wife's IPOD as it works very well for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts