Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well heck. An interesting bike from Peugeot.
Think they're owned by Mahindra these days. Wonder if they'll bring this to the U.S. (Distinctly Not holding my breath).

· Registered
103 Posts
Yeah I saw that on ADV rider it’s not the prettiest thing in the World IMO and yet again looks far too high to swing a leg over.
Most motorcyclists go to a scooter because riding a motorcycle has become physically difficult I believe ( I know it has for me )
Note to Scooter manufacturers: Large displacement and low hump or step through and You’d be onto a sure winner.

· Registered
2,480 Posts
First time I saw spoke wheels on a scooter. Interesting where they located the rear shock. Blurs the line between scooter and motorcycle. Would like to see it naked.:rolleyes: I can't see it having a lot of under seat storage. Weighs more than the Kymco AK550. Will be interesting to read the owner reviews once it is released. Have to give credit to Peugeot for thinking outside the box.

If you go to 1:55 on the video the driver does not look too comfortable. Looks like it is more suited for a smaller rider.

· Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
2,925 Posts
Tall? yes, it's an adventure scooter. Seat height is taller than my AK or Burgman 650. Shouldn't be a problem though for many (not all) who like adventure riding but also like the idea of doing that on a scooter platform. Although I've read that adventure riders need to control the gearing and a CVT won't do it in the rough nearly as well since the rider doesn't control gearing or pulley ratios as adventure riders prefer to do.
FINALLY a 400 scooter with the engine frame mounted. This would be the very first 400 that I could consider a "maxi" scooter just for that point. Although the CVT looks like it is still on the swing arm.
Heavier than the AK... which is one of the main reasons I choose the AK. I prefer all the power the AK has without all the weight.
I looked on the TopGear review, and a few others, that shows this scooter has 2 storage boxes: one bigger one a bit forward under the rider seat and another smaller one under the pillion. The front storage looks to extend down into the space normally occupied by a swing arm mounted engine so may be bigger than it looks.

· Registered
1,908 Posts
First time I saw spoke wheels on a scooter.
---------------------------------
Blurs the line between scooter and motorcycle.
Not seen Honda ADV types, then?

I can't see it having a lot of under seat storage.
Single helmet.

Have to give credit to Peugeot for thinking outside the box.
Honda got there first....By 3 years. (In the case of the 750).
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
1,908 Posts
FINALLY a 400 scooter with the engine frame mounted.
:unsure:
My understanding is that it has Peugeot’s updated PowerMotion 400cc Euro 5 single-cylinder, - Same as that fitted in their Metropolis.
And therefore in unit with CVT.
(You will have to google translate from the Polish).
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

This would be the very first 400 that I could consider a "maxi" scooter just for that point
:LOL: (Had this discussion before). But no matter. Maxi, Mini, Super. If it gets the job done, what the heck.

Seat height is taller than my AK or Burgman 650.
Yes, and my "proper" ADV bike. (which has an 800mm seat height, yet still has 220mm ground clearance, 200mm suspension travel).

ADV scooter - oxymoron. Fun tools, not serious work tools.

· Registered
2,925 Posts
Per the article at ADV the engine is "sprung weight" meaning frame mounted. Though other articles I looked at didn't provide information about that so maybe ADV was wrong on that. The left side view shows the final drive that looks similar to other swing arm mounted CVT units but hard to tell. That's why I stated that it "LOOKS LIKE" the CVT is there but I am not for sure on that. Of course that could just be a belt or chain final drive under that side cover that is after the engine mounted CVT like I have in my AK.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
2,480 Posts
Reactions: Bluestrom13

· Registered
2,925 Posts
That engine certainly looks to be swing arm mounted. So I will reverse my earlier statement and take what ADV said as wrong.

I'm old fashioned in that. I am still stuck on the terms established back between 2000-2009 or so.

· Registered
103 Posts
I had a XADV750 for ten days absolute great mooter to ride with the same engine as the NC750X complete with Hondas brilliant DCT meaning it was a mooter ( I call it that because it wasn’t a scooter or a motorcycle but a cross between the two ) that would go into neutral and could be revved. It also took lots of stuff from the highly rated Africa Twin, sadly for me it was just too stupidly high to swing a leg over ( mine had the lowering dog bones on it too ).
I can’t believe you didn’t get it in the states ?🤔

· Registered
1,908 Posts
Much better info in this video - French scooter, French reviewer, so in French ( I used Sub-titles auto-translate set to English, in YouTube settings).
The rear suspension set-up and movement is revealed at the 3 minute mark. Interesting. Can also see the entire power unit rocking.
Also, in this video, the scooter HAS a main stand fitted, tho' missing in those previous posts.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

· Registered
2,925 Posts
I actually was wondering about the frame mounted engine statement on the ADV article after seeing the left side of the scooter in a photo. The final drive looked very similar to other swing arm mounted engine setups with the CVT incorporated in the final drive.

· Registered
2,925 Posts
I am a member there but don't usually visit much unless some article shows up of interest. Many of the more active members there are only really interested in adventure or dirt riding and are prone to put down those who ride on paved surfaces as if we are unimportant and irrelevant to "real" riding. They do have a "Battle Scooters" sub forum but it is more of a token nod to other kinds of riders.

Reactions: Dave_J

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
I am a member there but don't usually visit much unless some article shows up of interest. Many of the more active members there are only really interested in adventure or dirt riding and are prone to put down those who ride on paved surfaces as if we are unimportant and irrelevant to "real" riding. They do have a "Battle Scooters" sub forum but it is more of a token nod to other kinds of riders.
Yep, most ADV members have their heads stuck in the mud. ;)

Reactions: rjs987
1 - 20 of 20 Posts