Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rack i can put on my 2006 400 that would hold up to 25lbs

What kind of options do i have?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Instead of a rack, when I had my Burgman 400 I put my dog travel crate behind me, sideways of course, but it was easy to tie down. Of course, each person may have their own preference. If you choose to attach it to a tail rack you could either get the Givi tailbox rack or buy a standard rack that they make for Burgman. In either case, the rack would be permanent because of the way it attaches. It requires you to cut some holes in the plastic of the passenger backrest to bolt it to it. On a 2006 the backrest comes standard and that helps to make the tailrack sturdy and capable of carrying more weight. On the Givi tailrack, you should get a piece of plywood to level it since it has a latch point that stick up. Otherwise, it is quite sturdy and can hold a lot of weight ( though the manufacturer and Suzuki only suggest a 7 pound max weigh because of balance issues). Thus, I put my dog behind me in a travel crate. Balance issues solved!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
+1 on a pet crate. My two dogs together are a few pounds shy of 20 lbs (about 22lbs) but, if you dog will fit in this size crate, I've found it works great. It bungees on in a few seconds. Only down side is having to remove it to lift the seat. I take off my top box and the crate jams between my back rest and top box rack.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
http://www.bestemusa.com/T-Box-Mounting-for-Suzuki_c_1797.html

Bestem makes a universal rack for the Burgmans to mount their box on. You could install one of them, then fasten a pet carrier to it. Or heck, Bestem boxes are cheap, get a used 929 box and cut or drill some holes for the pups. Maybe enough for their head to stick out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have one of these for my little buddy. He likes going along with me and I feel he's safe in that. No hard sides to bump up against and it closes up very well for inclement weather. It has plenty of ventilation for hot days and comes with a couple of places to hook his lease to so he can't get out if the top is open. What dog doesn't like to put his head in the wind? If they were human (don't tell my dog he isn't!) they'd all be riding bikes!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
+1 on a pet crate. My two dogs together are a few pounds shy of 20 lbs (about 22lbs) but, if you dog will fit in this size crate, I've found it works great. It bungees on in a few seconds. Only down side is having to remove it to lift the seat. I take off my top box and the crate jams between my back rest and top box rack.
Wow, I have a cat that weighs more than both of your dogs together. The cat is a Maine Coon Cat and his name is Beethoven. Tried putting his carrier on the bike exactly one time. He was not pleased when I started the motorcycle and we decided he was going to ride to the Vet in the SUV instead.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wow, I have a cat that weighs more than both of your dogs together. The cat is a Maine Coon Cat and his name is Beethoven. Tried putting his carrier on the bike exactly one time. He was not pleased when I started the motorcycle and we decided he was going to ride to the Vet in the SUV instead.
Just trying to picture that! :laughing8: :laughing7: :laughing3: :laughing6: :laughing5:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Here ya go. Say hi to Beethoven. He comes almost up to my knee when he is down on all fours. He scares people when he answers the door with me, they usually take a step or two back and ask "Is that a house cat?"

Even our vet is cautious around him although I keep telling him that Beethoven is a fraidy cat. Of course he is growling a deep growl like a wild cat of some type as I tell him this. I do caution people that if aggravated Beethoven will bite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts