Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever have to give a pill to your pet? Fun isn't it?

I too have this issue (4 dogs). Hide it in some peanut butter or cheese, then find the pill on the floor and start all over again with a wet mushy pill.

What I now do is get 2 Vienna sausages. I hollow out the side of the first sausage and insert the pill. Then find your pet and offer the first sausage while making sure he sees the 2nd sausage offer too. He'll rush the first sausage down as he is attacking the 2nd sausage. It's down in his stomach without his detecting the pill.

Works great for me.

Terry

p.s. The pills the vet sezs will be readily eaten by Rover? Bull crap! All you get is a pill with maybe one tooth mark on it laying on the floor wet. Hey maybe this would work on children too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
With my Cairn Terrier, I just use a small dab of margerine on the pill and he sucks it straight down - no chewing :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
mt ex had a dog, worm pills were my job once, then my ex saw me with the pills and a long stick sneaking up on the sleeping dog from behind, she was WRONG. We really were going out to play fetch right after I got that pill down it's throat

·
Registered
739 Posts
I buy Pill Pockets at Pet Smart.. They have a few different flavors..I don'tuse an wholeone for one pill.. I break them up to get more out of the package.. Never a problem with daily pills for my dogs..

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Pill pockets worked great for my old dog (R.I.P.) but the new guy is too slick for them. Chew, chew, chew and out pops the pill on the floor. However, peanut butter works great, I'll take whatever works. Beats trying to give a pill to a cat! :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts