Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a little road test of my own today. My speedo's off about 10%. Using the mile markers on 70W - 66.7 seconds at 60, 61.5 at 65,55.7 at 70. I kept watching my rear view mirror so I didn't get run over.

Odometers off a little too - registered 3.1 at the 3 mile marker.

0 to 60 7.2 seconds - just used a stop watch, but pretty close.

1400 miles on the Burg, I've averaged 43 - 46 mpg, most of my driving is running errands and some cruising, no real over the road trips yet.

I noticed a little oil seepage on the rear wheel at the seam when I checked the air pressure. Not a whole lot, but the BMW was always dry. Has anyone had to address this problem yet?

One thing I missed riding the Burg today - used to pat the tank on my old bikes while sitting at a redlight - did that today and just got air.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
drspencer48 said:
One thing I missed riding the Burg today - used to pat the tank on my old bikes while sitting at a redlight - did that today and just got air.
Burgs are quite partial to being fondled on the seat - careful how you do it tho' - you may get some strange looks! :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Speedo error of 10% is what is generally agreed on for current Suzuki's. V-Stroms are off by the same percentage. Odometers are believed to be accurate. Some folks have discovered inconsistencies in the placing of some mile markers - that might account for your 3.1 vs 3.0 mile figures rather than odometer inaccuracy. Tire wear could also come into play with that though. An odometer that is spot on with new rubber is going to become a bit off as the tire wears.

I have not noticed any oil seepage on my rear wheel (11,700 miles on my scooter). I am not quite sure of what you mean by "at the seam".

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I borrowed a friends GPS and tested the 400 and found the speed to be off by closer to 6%. On mine, it is not off by a set amount as per some other riders. I neglected to check the odometer while I had the GPS. :oops:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would be down to the dealer as quickly as I was out to check my 650 rear wheel, no problems found on mine.

Thanks for posting this, though, as it will alert all owners to make a check just in case.

It may well turn out that yours is an isolated case of something being pinched, or turned over, during assembly which is now allowing oil to seep.

Look forward to hearing that all is well with your rear wheel.

Regards

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Mine is dry also, (7,400 miles). I never had this.

How long does it take to get like that after cleaning?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts