Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While surfing eBay for part I came across this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4983385674&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 in Jewelry! At 3 centimeters it is big enough for either a man or woman to wear.

Already showed my dearest husband and son...along with a not too :oops: subtle :oops: hint that Mother's Day is fast approaching. Of course if they would prefer to buy a piece of plastic like the front leg shield I wouldn't mind that either! :D

PS: How do I make the URL a short link like "eBay Pendant" instead of the whole thing? I tried html but it didn't seem to work. HTML is set to ON and is not disabled in the post. Do I have to use the <html> tag? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha!

Thanks Bill! I was trying to use the <a href> tag! How's the 400 been running? Glad you have her back. I am really looking forward to the day my new/old Burgie is road worthy. I am having major withdrawal symptoms.

Dee

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: Aha!

Dee,

The 400s been running fine as long as I don't do something stupid .... like run out of gas. :oops: Other than the plastics, how close are you to having your ride ready?

The HTML tags allowed depend on the configuration of the forum. If the settings are at default, the only allowed tags are : b, i, u, pre

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not very

Well Bill, it depends on what you consider ready! The front rim should be here tomorrow and the handlebars, rear rim and some misc. parts should be here the end of the week. The new battery is already here. I might be riding around the neighborhood this weekend. With the new rims, handlebars and the forks straight it's ready to go 'cept for being "naked".

As for the plastic so far I've only been able to get the front fender off eBay. I may have to break down and actually buy most of it. I am getting too antsy to wait for it to come up on eBay and something tells me that the DMV won't give me a tag for a naked bike... :cry: Right now the only pieces I have are the floorboard, right side rear cover, and the handlebar covers that I can reuse...all the other plastic is either too badly damaged or missing entirely. I can save the windscreen but the brace and cover are cracked. I keep telling myself the Burg will mean a lot more to me when it's done since I'll know every square inch intimately. I am still in awe that the seller was able to conceal that much damage in the photos.

I hope to have her registered and on the road by the beginning of June if I can get all the parts.

By the way...running out of gas? Been there done that...had to have someone at work rescue me...I know the feeling!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Rod, a BurgmanUSA poster out of Burlington Ontario bought one for his wife last year. I saw it and it looks really good. Hope your Husband got the hint. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts