Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS ANY OF THE AFTER MARKET WIND
SHIELDS [WINDSCREENS] THAT WILL BE HELPFULL FOR YOUR PASSENGER --AS MY WIFE SAYS SHE RECEIVES MUCH MORE WIND BUFFETING ON THE REAR OF THE 650 BURGMAN -- AS THE BURG HAS MUCH MORE ROOM FOR HER ON THE BACK THEN ANY CYCLE WE HAVE EVER HAD.---THE WIND WRAPS AROUND ME AND MOST OF IT HITS HER. WILL ANYTHING OUT THERE GIVE HER SOME PROTECTION FROM ALL OR SOME OF THE WIND.
THANKS
L.SKI

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A larger after market windshield should help, how much I can not say. The larger windshield will give you a bigger area or cone behind the shield itself, the problem is how big does the shield have to be to "cover" the passenger also.
We have members with after market windshields and perhaps pillion riders who could tell you better. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Even on my old full dress Gold Wing, my wife & daughter said that it got pretty windy in the back seat. And they would get pretty wet when it rained, while I was mostly dry. Wind protection envelopes do not extend very far back from a windscreen. You could try a big Clearview shield, or the Gustafsson shield that is 6" wider than stock, but I'm not sure that they'd provide much still air for the passenger. In fact, I'd rather doubt it. The more air that the windscreen displaces, the more air is collapsing back in at the rear of the protection envelope - which is usually right about where the passenger sits. So it is even possible that a larger windscreen could create more turbulent air hitting the passenger.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've got the taller OEM Candian windscreen now attached to my 650. What I first noticed early in the spring when I wore a hooded sweatshirt where the hood was outside my riding jacket was this. With original screen I could feel the hood flying around and flapping against my back. My shadow confirmed this. After the new screen was installed the hood pretty much hung without flying or flapping around. My passenger also states now that she does not get the helmet buffeting that she used to get from the original screen. She used to complain of sore neck muscles with the original screen. She doesnt complain anymore and our trips are now longer in kms and time spent on the bike. She no longers ride holding on anymore and is more comfortable back there. She no longer feels like she is going to be blown off the bike. So I would have to say that the addition of a taller screen is beneficial to both rider and passenger.

·
Registered
109 Posts
L.SKULSKI said:
HELLO ALL
SHIELDS [WINDSCREENS] THAT WILL BE HELPFULL FOR YOUR PASSENGER --AS MY WIFE SAYS SHE RECEIVES MUCH MORE WIND BUFFETING ON THE REAR OF THE 650 BURGMAN -- AS THE BURG HAS MUCH MORE ROOM FOR HER ON THE BACK THEN ANY CYCLE WE HAVE EVER HAD.---THE WIND WRAPS AROUND ME AND MOST OF IT HITS HER. WILL ANYTHING OUT THERE GIVE HER SOME PROTECTION FROM ALL OR SOME OF THE WIND.
THANKS
L.SKI
Is your passenger wearing an open face helmet or
a full face helmet?
If the full face helmet still doesn't work, try putting in a chin curtin.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
philtag6000 said:
L.SKULSKI said:
HELLO ALL
THANKS
L.SKI
Is your passenger wearing an open face helmet or
a full face helmet?
If the full face helmet still doesn't work, try putting in a chin curtin.
One other thing to note! A poor loose fitting helmet will only exaggerate any wind buffeting. So double check to see if her helmet fits correctly. It might have been ok when first purchased but may be a little on the loose side now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts