Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's a strange one. I took a friend on a 5-hour ride over the weekend. Problem is, she hasn't been on a bike in decades, except for about 30 minutes with me last week. Maybe I overdid it with the 5 hours but, she's complaining that her feet were uncomfortable and her legs were numb because she really couldn't adjust her feet other than "flat" on the floorboards. She said a peg would have been better because she could then pivot her foot, which was not possible on a floorboard.

So... I'm wondering if this is a first or if anyone else heard of this from a passenger? I'm wondering how difficult it might be to devise and install some sort of solution for this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I added passenger footpegs to my Burgie because my wife's legs were too short to reach the floorboards and the wide seat splayed her legs out too far to be comfortable on the boards. The pegs worked out great. I made them from 1" square steel tubing and covered them with sticky backed rubber used as an anti-skid when attached to stairs.(Obtainable from most hardware stores). Fortunately, under the rubber mat of the floorboard is a bolt, which when replaced with a longer one, works great to attach the footpeg. I can send pics if you're interested.

Cheers,

bob

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Burger Bob said:
I added passenger footpegs to my Burgie because my wife's legs were too short to reach the floorboards and the wide seat splayed her legs out too far to be comfortable on the boards. The pegs worked out great. I made them from 1" square steel tubing and covered them with sticky backed rubber used as an anti-skid when attached to stairs.(Obtainable from most hardware stores). Fortunately, under the rubber mat of the floorboard is a bolt, which when replaced with a longer one, works great to attach the footpeg. I can send pics if you're interested.

Cheers,

bob
That would be great if you could send pics!!! I thought I had a first here, but I'm glad to hear that others have experienced this. Seeing the pics of your "fix" would be more than welcome!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Burger Bob said:
Pics of footpegs added to the gallery page.

Cheers,

Bob
Saw the pics. Very impressive!! I'll see what I can do to mimmick that on my bike. Thanks!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
That sucks. If anyone needs a set, let me know. You can return the favor when I want to buy a hump bag :wink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Twinrider said:
That sucks. If anyone needs a set, let me know. You can return the favor when I want to buy a hump bag :wink:
How much are they? Including shipping it to the U.S.??

·
Registered
207 Posts
chuck807 said:
Twinrider said:

They're 7,245 yen, which is a tad under $75. Dunno how much shipping would be as I don't know the size or weight but a completely wild guess would be around $20 sent via USPS global express. You're probably looking at $100 or so.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Twinrider said:
chuck807 said:
Twinrider said:

They're 7,245 yen, which is a tad under $75. Dunno how much shipping would be as I don't know the size or weight but a completely wild guess would be around $20 sent via USPS global express. You're probably looking at $100 or so.
I might be interested... I'll need to find someplace that describes these in English (ie: are they permanent or can they be adjusted for those with longer legs). Thanks for the offer!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Floorboardsrisers

I have the original floorboardrisers installed. They are permanently bolted to the scoot and cannot be adjusted. They rise the feet about 3 inches but my wife still wasn't comfortable because of the risers being too close to the sides of the scoot.
I cut a 1/2 inch thick aluminum plate for each side and the risers bolted onto these are now pointing outwards at their front ends. This arrangement gives a more natural foot-position and my wife is now happy (who wants more?).

Besides that: I wish I had this price information of twinrider before, as I paid around 230 US$ delivered by the national Suzuki distributor! What a joke!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Feck! I'm amazed that for once something is cheaper in Japan :shock:

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
I made mine, wife loves it. They are also non-adjustable. Not too hard to do but it does take a little time.
Pics are posted in my gallery

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info, everyone! I think I'll keep things the way they are for now. The passenger that had the problems is fine as long as she can stop to get off every 45 to 60 minutes for a break.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: Accessories prices

Burgyboy said:
Jim

I'd say: I am amazed that literally EVERYTHING is cheaper OUTSIDE of Switzerland :cry:
........................except cuckoo clocks! :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Accessories prices

NormanB said:
Burgyboy said:
Jim

I'd say: I am amazed that literally EVERYTHING is cheaper OUTSIDE of Switzerland :cry:
........................except cuckoo clocks! :lol:

but only because most of 'em are manufactured in far east...... :roll:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts