Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Givi v46 top case and another passenger backrest for Givi top case so can I use the actual passenger backrest as the driver's backrest? Could it be done?

I have 2007 Burgman 650 Executive.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Could it be done, sure if you are willing to do all the custom design work for brackets to make it fit.

Easiest way would probably be to pull just the pad off and discard the rest. Then build a plate that would bolt to the back of the current drivers backrest and stick up above it. Cut holes in the plate so that the pad mounting post could be pushed into them. Then you would probably want to fix some kind of cover for the back to hide the mounting post. What you would end up with would look a little like a Utopia backrest but without the Utopia's adjustment capability.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like a waste of time and money. Just buy a simple back rest of the internet and replace the standard butt pad, it fits right in, doesn't look bad, and it will save you back! In fact, I have one you can haveifyou are willing to pay the postage.
Respectfully,
David Miller

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That backrest really looks good Max.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This looks very interesting. Like many of you I have a large GIVI Maxia on the back. I therefore have a spare Burgman passenger backrest. I do have a driver backrest bought on eBay, but if I could use the original passenger backrest, it would look much nicer...
Any instructions, please, please :) ?
Marco

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looks great, but also looks like it takes up a lot of valuable rider seat real estate. Its kinda thick. Hope both passenger and rider are skinny.

I'd just use one of the many available backrests or butt bumper extensions. Perhaps take David up on his offer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts