Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Nashville, TN. Last weekend I traveled to central Wisconsin to purchase a low miles 2011 Executive. I trailered it back to Nashville and in the process the passenger backrest cushion/pad DISAPPEARED. It looks like the backrest cushion/pad is held in place with studs held in place by rubber grommets.

A couple of questions:
1) Is is "not uncommon" for the backrest cushion/pad to up and leave?
2) Where can I purchase a replacement (on line) and what should I expect to pay?

YTKinWI (now in TN)

·
Registered
66 Posts
they are on there pretty snug, I would be surprised if it just fell off. As far as replacing it I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Watch Ebay for somebody parting-out a 650.
Dealer new price is way too much.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I live in Nashville, TN. Last weekend I traveled to central Wisconsin to purchase a low miles 2011 Executive. I trailered it back to Nashville and in the process the passenger backrest cushion/pad DISAPPEARED. It looks like the backrest cushion/pad is held in place with studs held in place by rubber grommets.

A couple of questions:
2) Where can I purchase a replacement (on line) and what should I expect to pay?

YTKinWI (now in TN)
If you are interested in riding up to Bowling Green, KY I will give you mine. I am not using it any more.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

A couple of questions:

YTKinWI (now in TN)

Not hear this before on BUSA.

·
Administrator
20,110 Posts
I live in Nashville, TN. <<<SNIP>>>

YTKinWI (now in TN)
If you are interested in riding up to Bowling Green, KY I will give you mine. I am not using it any more.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
This is the best deal I have seen in a while. Doug, you the man. What is a 1 hour trip and maybe 3 gallons of gas. I'd be shaking Dougs hand by tomorrow afternoon if I were needing one and was within a 2 hour ride. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Wow, great offer. If I lived closer I'd be all over that in a rash, but that's just me - infectious...
:evil4::blob4:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wow, great offer. If I lived closer I'd be all over that in a rash, but that's just me - infectious...
:evil4::blob4:
That would be one long ride, China (or NZ) to Kentucky USA.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah true, but it's the scarcity of gas stations which might prove the biggest hindrance... oh, and maybe that I'm doubtful that any wet weather gear could handle the sustained soaking...

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
A 400 rider in Minnesota lost the pad while riding.
A replacement was located on Ebay about a year later.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Passenger backrest

A couple of questions:

YTKinWI (now in TN)
Lots of owners replace their passenger backrests with a Givi top box. Now would be the perfect time to do this since you don't have a backrest. I have a Givi V46 box. When shopping I can put 5 bags of groceries in the top box! Givi also makes backrests that attach to their boxes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts