Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have owned a Burgman 400 since January of this year. It has close to 9,000 miles on it and I would like to replace the muffler gasket. In looking to order parts online I have been google searching for parts houses and seem to only come up with places that want to sell accessories. Anyone know a good source for Burgman parts in the USA? Your help would be much appreciated. By the way, I enjoy the 400 so much that I use it for almost all of my daily runs here and there.

Thanks again.

Burgee4

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
First, welcome to the forum from sunny Puget Sound. :toothy2: When you get a chance, please add your location to your profile. We have members from around the world here, and it's fun to know whether they are "neighbors" within 500 miles, or if they live on a different continent entirely.

And it makes a difference in the replies to your questions. For instance, I don't know if the resource I'll link you to actually ships internationally. ;)

I use Boulevard Suzuki. They are one of the least expensive around. http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche_se ... fveh=18995 For this part though, you might want to just see if your local Suzuki dealership has it in stock. It isn't expensive either way.

A tip for you...don't buy the part for the 2007 400. Buy one that fits the 2008 and newer model. 14771-05H01 The gasket for the 2007 is mostly a wire mesh that burns away within a few thousand miles. There's more that is solid on the gasket for the 2008. After replacing mine on my 2007 with the 2008 part number, I never replaced it again. But I had put in a couple of the 2007 part number previously. I now have a 2008 400 and at 22,000 miles with several tire changes that required the muffler to be removed, I've never had to replace the gasket.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
Click on the "BURGMANUSA KNOWLEDGEBASE" button in the blue area at the top of the page. When the link opens click on the "OEM Parts Fiche" and it will show you a bunch of links to OEM parts providers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts