Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to my dealership today and picked up the parts for the transmission whine noise TSB....why do i have the parts you may ask ?. well, when i had the burg in last month for the clutch replacement recall, they forgot to install all these parts while it was apart. they also forgot to do my coolant flush that i asked them to do. by and large, my clutch still shudders on take off making this warbling noise. im not real impressed with my dealership service department on this particular visit. anyways, ive got a long breather tube and some bolts and what appears to be some sound isolation foam cut into some very unique pieces. i assume these faom parts are to sound proof the CVT cover and the snorkel locates another source of noise in a less conspicuos location so the rider doesnt hear it as much. i will have the CVT apart next week to install some 19gr sliders in the Variator. my question is : is there any available installation documentation regarding this noise dampening issue that comes for other members or from Suzuki themselves that i can look at ?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
All I have to say is that your dealer really sucks.!!!!!!!! They just gave you the parts for the CVT "snorkel".??????? THAT was part of a factory recall which was done last year BY my dealer.... AND the snorkel is NOT for sound insulation - it is to bring more clean air into the CVT!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
v8eyedoc said:
All I have to say is that your dealer really sucks.!!!!!!!! They just gave you the parts for the CVT "snorkel".??????? THAT was part of a factory recall which was done last year BY my dealer.... AND the snorkel is NOT for sound insulation - it is to bring more clean air into the CVT!
well, they would install it no problem, just gotta leave it for a few weeks...AGAIN ! hell, apparently "no problem" means "no problem for them, not , no problem for me". im 20 miles from them and to get there, they close promptly at 6 pm, i get off work at 5.30 and with traffic,i MIGHT get there at 6.30, they dont take drop offs either at night. so that leaves saturday to drop off and as i wont have the next two saturdays off, it would be next month before i could drop it off for two weeks or so....as you can see, ill just do it myself when the Dr P sliders get here....Just Easier that way !

thanks for clarifying the snorkel purpose...seems my apprentice service writer thaqt i keep having to deal with, was wrong/mistaken/mis-informed or whatever the hell excuse she comes up with once again !

So...has anyone got an answer to my Original Post ?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sorry to say - but it sounds like your "dealership" has relegated any work on the Burgman to the category of - "YEAH! WE CAN DO THAT WHEN WE GET AROUND TO IT!!" Mine was done in about 35 minutes.......!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,152 Posts
there are a couple of threads on the snorkel in here somewhere, some seem to follow my line of thinking , it is a waste of time and plastic and seems to be set in a bad place anyway so no need to be in a rush, keep the parts till the next time the dealership has to have the bike for an extended period and have them do it if you want it done, as for coolant change :twisted: that one is on here too , don't forget the bleed screw at the top that wax thermostat thingy is hateful as a scorned woman with an itchy scratchy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts