Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Is there any way i can deactivate the parking lights switch on the key switch so i don't run my battery down by accidentally turning on the parking lights when I go to lock steering and don't catch it

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Without modifying the ignition switch somehow, the only way I can think of would be to install a relay inline with the marker light wire (brown I believe) leaving the ignition so that circuit is broken when you turn off the bike.

This is the same on many Suzuki bikes and is a common discussion on the V-strom forum. Most people are just resigned to train themselves that when locking the steering they turn the switch all the way to parking lights and then back a notch, every time. Or like me, they just don't lock the steering. I know why they have this "feature" but it is certainly irritating, to say the least, when it happens to you.

Reactions: Rusty J and Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Posted just as G-Dub did.

Removed my false info per post below.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You can just cut the wire but then you wouldn't have side markers or, more importantly, a tail light.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have just developed the habit of holding my hand over the tail light (when the sun is out) and looking at it to see if I turned it too far when I lock the bars. Sometimes I turn it all the way and then back off one notch as mentioned, but then being paranoid if I got it right I still look at the tail light just to be sure. I don't see any big deal with checking things like this. There are so many more inconvenient things to deal with in life... like someone messing with my Burgman when I didn't lock the bars and put the parking brake on (most NON-scooter dim-whits don't have a clue about the parking brake even if they do ride other bikes).

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
In the rear, the 650 has two P21/5 bulbs (21 watts on brake light and 5 watt on tail light) that come on the 5 watt part with that switch. So a 10 watt draw.

The LED brake light bulb I put in draws like 0.25 watts so it will still draw 10 watts but over 20 times the same time.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I just leave my signal light on (left one). When i turn the key too far the signal comes on and i back off. In fact i will purposely go until it goes on and then back off.😊

1 - 7 of 7 Posts