Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mentioned this on the UK's Suzi' owners club site but they thought I was on some chemical stimulant!!!! :D Motorcycles not having a parking brake.

Has anyone had the parking lever end fall off their Burger :?:

I did. I reported it to Suzuki as I thought it was a poor engineering fault that allowed it to occur. In so far as, the end cap is held in place by a small screw. When, as in my case the screw fell out, top to bottom enabling the end cap to fall off. I put it to Suzuki UK that the part would benifit by the locating screw being inserted from the top. Thereby if the screw becomes loose it will not fall out and the end cap should remain in -place. Hope that makes sense.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar experience. I have actually made this part of a weekly maintenance routine, check tightening the screw.

doug

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Mine has never fallen out, but I can see how it could and agree with your sensible suggestion to Suzuki - but I think the handle is different on the later Burgers?

The business end of the parking brake works absolutely fine but does need adjusting, say, every couple of months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that Randy, nice to know it wasn't simply my machine. It was about 2700Mls when my handle fell away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
parking brake lever

my parking brake lever fell off at 4000miles in the fast lane of a dual carriageway - cant they design them to just come off in your hand while parked?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums rodjunor. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can we avoid it ?

Can we avoid the problem using a piece of masking tape or some RTV in the hole. If you feel the handle is released you will have a chance to fasten it.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums rodjunor. :hello2: Look forward to hearing more of you - I can see you are big on irony - I like that!

Unfortunately with any bike, useage and vibration may cause fastners to come loose, hence the requirement to check fastners at service intervals,at least . Randy has the right suggestion a wee drop of thread lok will avert a repeat!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
NormanB said:
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums rodjunor. :hello2: Look forward to hearing more of you - I can see you are big on irony - I like that!
My wife isn't.
Have to do my own shirts. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Me too! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts