Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from running a short errand into town. Parked the scoot on a (very) slight decline, got off, and got almost to the steps of the courthouse when I heard the unmistakable sound of plastic on pavement. The bike didn't seem that hard to pick up (though I may have been a little pumped with adrenalin). It has several scratches along the outer lip of the front fairing and on the left mirror housing and signal lens. Arrrgh! (The angst!) It's nothing that a spray can won't cure, but it sort of put a rough spot in my day. After getting it back afoot, I set the parking brake, ran my errand, and released said brake, and went on my (somewhat rumpled) way.
:(
Steve

·
Super Moderator
8,066 Posts
Happened to me Last week on our road trip. We stopped at an Overlook Park to check out the scenery, the parking spot was downhill, and it rolled foward on its left side. The soft bags protected the sides pretty well, but now my wife "always" asks, "is the parking break on" , it's getting old.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have found on the olde svelte it needs adjusting fairly regularly. I would say, it is worth doing at routine service intervals and then again at half distance - 2 minute job and one wrench.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts