Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wire in an alarm to the park brake indicator light circuit and never again drive off with the **** thing on! $7-8 Piezo at Radio Shack. Zuke spooks won't do it, cause it means selling fewer brake pads and discs. R.S has smaller, lower decibel units perfect for the turn signals too. This a 2 Bud or 1 Foster's project.

YourFriend"N"Narrator

·
Registered
689 Posts
That's sound like a good idea but for me it would not work as many times while at a red light I sometime put on the park brake so I can give my hands a rest and it would keep going off while I am waiting for the light to turn green.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have pulled away a few times with the brake on, but never got more then 10 feet before I was "forced" to remember it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'm stealing it for our fire trucks. Our water tenders have a conventional hand lever parking brake on them. With the excitement of a run, we've had new drivers take off with the brake set. They are so busy in the cab they never look at the red light blinking on the dash. I know it is going to be an expensive day when I get to a scene and smell burnt brake linings. :?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I have forgotten to release my parking brake more than once.

In every case, the first clue was the revs were up but the bike would not move, at all!

Pretty hard to damage any brake linings that way. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts