Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The burgman 650 logos on the rear side panels, when painting can those be removed, or do they just need to be masked off somehow?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I took them off mine and threw them away. Now it has no markings.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Yes they are just glued on. Heat from a hair drier or heat gun can soften the glue to help remove them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had to have a side panel repaired and repainted not long ago and I replaced my logos with new ones. You order the Burgman and the 650 logos separately and they come with the adhesive on them. You just peel the paper off the back and I had marked the placement spot with masking tape to be sure they went in the right spot. If I remember correctly, it was about $40 or so to replace them both.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Here is one easy way to make sure you get them in the right spot. Take two small tabs of masking tape and put the emblem where you want it to end up. Then take a long piece of two inch masking tape and put it at the top of the emblem with ½ of the tape on the emblem and the other ½ above the emblem on the side of the scooter. Then lift the emblem up folding the tape in the center like a hinge. Then peel the paper off the back of the emblem carefully so you don't pull it off the tape or the tape off the scooter. When you get the paper off the emblem carefully fold the masking tape holding emblem back down and push the emblem on the scooter. Carefully pull the masking tape off the emblem and the scooter. You can hold the emblem with your finger as you pull the tape off once you get the first inch or so of tape off.
I hope my wording good enough to understand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had to have a side panel repaired and repainted not long ago and I replaced my logos with new ones. You order the Burgman and the 650 logos separately and they come with the adhesive on them. You just peel the paper off the back and I had marked the placement spot with masking tape to be sure they went in the right spot. If I remember correctly, it was about $40 or so to replace them both.
Do you remember where you ordered them from..I can't find any that cheap anywhere.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts