Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Does Riding While Wearing a Paintball Mask Look Good? or NO!

• It would make you look cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would be impractical

• It would make you look like a tough guy

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
So let me get this right; some of you want to wear paintball gear as motorcycle safety gear, some of you want to wear fishing gear, and some of you want to wear hockey gear.

Okay, why not. Keep an eye out for me. I'll be wearing kendo bogu!

:lol:

·
Super Moderator
18,096 Posts
Brian said:
So let me get this right; some of you want to wear paintball gear as motorcycle safety gear, some of you want to wear fishing gear, and some of you want to wear hockey gear.

Okay, why not. Keep an eye out for me. I'll be wearing kendo bogu!

:lol:
+1 :roll:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
-terry said:
This thread has gotten so weird.
If you ask me, it started that way. ;)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
OK,
Today I rode home from work through a dust storm.
60 mph gusts, and dust so thick I really couldn't see 50 yards.
Dust got into everything. Under my face shield, into my eyes.
I couldn't breath through my mouth without swallowing a gob of dirt.

This is why I want a face mask/goggles combo that will fit with a helmet.
Not for the looks. For the environment that I live in.

BTW, I saw some guy on a HD trying to ride through this storm without helmet or gear. He had his left hand covering his eyes, while trying to control his bike with his right hand...
in 60 mph gusts of wind and dust.
That is why it is so hard to respect HD riders "lifestyle."

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like bugs hitting me at 60mph.. :shock:

Don't you. I never thought of a face protector :violent2:

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,879 Posts
Considering that 64% of damage to the head in a mc accident happens between the chin and forehead I'd say that idea is ONLY for looks and would offer very little, if any, protection, even it you did wear a half helmet. Maybe from being shot by a paintball while riding through town at very slow speed in a school zone. Even a paintball at highway speed would go right through a paintball mask. June Bugs would be like being shot by that .45 someone mentioned earlier. (been hit by those before around here and they are like being hit by large rocks and put a chip in my helmet).

On the idea of wearing pajamas while riding... I personally knew a guy who did just that. From Chattanooga, TN. He was an executive with Metro Waste Authority. A VP I think. Went by the avatar name of Jammaman on the ST forum. Camped with him once or twice. Always wore a helmet though. Well, almost always. Rode a ST1300, then a Gold Wing. Don't know if he's around any more though since he was getting up in age when I knew him.

I wonder if it would work to wear an N95 mask instead of having a face shield. Would that be enough protection in an accident? It would keep most of the dust out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Considering that 64% of damage to the head in a mc accident happens between the chin and forehead I'd say that idea is ONLY for looks and would offer very little, if any, protection, even it you did wear a half helmet. Maybe from being shot by a paintball while riding through town at very slow speed in a school zone. Even a paintball at highway speed would go right through a paintball mask. June Bugs would be like being shot by that .45 someone mentioned earlier. (been hit by those before around here and they are like being hit by large rocks and put a chip in my helmet).

On the idea of wearing pajamas while riding... I personally knew a guy who did just that. From Chattanooga, TN. He was an executive with Metro Waste Authority. A VP I think. Went by the avatar name of Jammaman on the ST forum. Camped with him once or twice. Always wore a helmet though. Well, almost always. Rode a ST1300, then a Gold Wing. Don't know if he's around any more though since he was getting up in age when I knew him.

I wonder if it would work to wear an N95 mask instead of having a face shield. Would that be enough protection in an accident? It would keep most of the dust out.
I know an old hd rider (not a poser) only one I’ve seen ride with flip flops. And the ranch is down a dirt road! Not in pjs yet. 😎

Reactions: rjs987

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Back when this whole pandemic thing started, I really really wanted to find a old MCU-2/P mask to wear with a 3/4 helmet.

Kind of impractical, though.

Then again, back in the day I wanted to mod a motorcycle helmet (3/4, or worst case a half-helmet) to shape it like a standard-issue combat helmet so I could wear it with my BDUs and look "correct" rather than riding with a mismatched helmet. (The idea was that anything added to the core half-helmet would shear away on impact in the event of a mishap.)

And no, a combat helmet doesn't have a DOT, Snell, or ECE rating, nor is it suitable crash protection.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts