Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Does Riding While Wearing a Paintball Mask Look Good? or NO!

• It would make you look cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would be impractical

• It would make you look like a tough guy

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jousting on Burgmans.... I can see it now with blue, orange, yellow and red paintballs flying everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I was getting off my bike at work when a friend walked past and asked, "so which Power Ranger are you?" When you step back and look at the strange blue bike, the blue flip up helmet, the blue and black crash coat, and black crash pants, yea, I guess it fits.

As for the mask, I'd be concerned about eye protection. Yea, I know they're made to take a paint ball, but anyone can make them and they aren't rated. I wear the helmet with a flip up lexan visor, and poly glasses, or wrap around safety shades. Legally here a dollar store pair of shades passes for eye protection, but a snowmobile visor on a full face doesn't because they're stamped "not for highway use".

I had my visor up on a hot day going slow through a construction zone when an oncoming vehicle shot a piece of crushed rock from under their tire. It hit me square in a lense and gouged it, then bounced around in my helmet. Scared the ... begeebers out of me. A cheap pair of sunglasses would not have saved me, probably would have ended my day with an ambulance ride after I crashed.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Or worse, a Hearce ride. I've been smacked in the face shield by too many rocks and other debris over the past year to go out with inadequate eye protection.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I usually wear a half helmet with a snap on flip up face shield. I sometimes remove the face shild and wear goggles over my glasses. My full face hemet is just too bulky, hot and claustraphobic.
So, the concept of goggles that have protection for the lower face, worn with a half helmet, seemed like a good idea. Esspecially if you got hit by a pebble, a sand storm or hail.
Fish hedz masks would appear to serve a purpose for protection. But I don't know if the forehead portion of the mask would fit under a helmet.
I emailed the manufacturer for further information. I hope they respond.
Their photo of the coast guard men wearing the masks looked very good to me. http://www.fishhedz.net/

·
Registered
36 Posts
We are ALL ahead of our time because we own scooters........

For the record, I wear a full face helmet. I am a chicken s*@t and want my face intact should the worst happen.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
The added benefit with the full face is - in my case - is that i can look out without others seeing in! 8)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Fish Hedz responds :

"The mask cannot be worn with a motor cycle helmet unless you modify it. The
forehead area of the mask needs to be cut down to make it work. We have done
it for the Military for use with their helmets and they love them.

Yes, the mask fits over most prescription and sun glasses."

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ABQ said:
Fish Hedz responds :

"The mask cannot be worn with a motor cycle helmet unless you modify it. The forehead area of the mask needs to be cut down to make it work."
Gee, that sounds familiar. I think one of the wise, experienced, and highly intelligent (not to mention extremely modest) members of this forum said somethig along those lines a few posts back.

Oh yeah, it was me. :wink:

Brian said:
...Due to the forehead and side design of the Fishhedz, I don't think you could wear one under a helmet anyway....

·
Registered
558 Posts
Last fall I saw some goggle / mask combos in some wild configurations.

I can't remember what site I saw them at. :(

They were made to fit under 3/4 or less helmets, and were sold out of Japan.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
........er what! Where do you suggest folks paint this wee red cross then? :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
NormanB said:
........er what! Where do you suggest folks paint this wee red cross then? :lol:
What, you can't see the picture either? I thought maybe it was just my antique computer messing with me.

Anyway, copying the "Properties" of the picture allowed me to go directly to the source.

It looks kind of like a giant praying mantis head, with a visor and a semi-silvered mirror for the shield. Cool, but not my cup of o-cha.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Mean'n'Nasty..?

...On a Burgman..? :roll:

Oh my! :wink:

Never mind the paintball shop, I think a visit to the local Hardley-Ableson emporium beckons. Lots of people there who want to be weekend warriors with their stick-on stubble and bad-boy attitude, before they drive back to the bank on Mondays.

Buy a nice pair of chaps instead. Then ride around just wearing those without real pants underneath. THAT'S Mean'n'Nasty... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
IronRanger said:
You wear pants with your chaps? :shock:
Well, only if I'm being inconspicous. When danger threatens I leap into action, wearing my pants on the outside...

I'm Superman

Actually, these days I stay at home a lot more.

I'm Slipperman.

...unless I'm on the boat.

Then I'm Skipperman.

But once I'm alone in the kitchen, the chaps come off and the broth goes on...

It's Soup, Er, Maaaan. :wink:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
smakawhat said:
403 Forbidden

Sorry, but this wont work. I won't let you use my bandwith just so you can use my pictures ot logos on a forum or another web page. If you want a picture, just ask for it and upload it on your server instead of hot linking it.

I'm tired of having my web site shut down because of bandwith limit exceeded.
Nice try though; I do like the mask. 8)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I tried on some goalies and catchers masks. I like the easy fitting helmet and mask combo. But I would rather have goggles, than wire frame face protection. If fish hedz made a combo, that would work for me. It would also be nice if they made batters helmets in xtra large sizes.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts