Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Does Riding While Wearing a Paintball Mask Look Good? or NO!

• It would make you look cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would be impractical

• It would make you look like a tough guy

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of wearing a paint ball mask while riding?

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
NO...besides, paint ball stuff is hard to wash off the scooter. Been there, done that. [ thanks to a neighbor....hard to get off the boat too ] :?

Reactions: rjs987 and Tromper

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
May I ask ... why the hell anyone would even think of it? :?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I voted it would make you look like an idiot! It may look "cool" but is dangerous. Paintball gear in NO WAY will protect you in an accident. Would you wear a full face helmet to play paintball?

Did you get this idea by watching JackAss?! :D

I'm not picking on you...only want you to be safe. If you are thinking about using gear...please use the right gear for the job. Paintball masks are great...for paintball.

My 2 cents!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
hey - IM the only guy around here thats allowed to ask questions like that!!! :)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Are you considering combining a paintball match with riding?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason I had to ask is because I noticed that paintball masks have goggles combined with face protection. And, they look mean and nasty.
Worn with a half helmet they may provide sufficient protection and an interesting image.

But, I know from personal history that my judgement can be a bit ahead of its time, if not totally out of place. So, I thought I better ask for somebody to give an opinion. :oops:

btw, have you seen some of those paintball masks on ebay? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
ABQ,

Now that you have given us the whole story... :D worn with a helmet as you described I believe it would work...and give someone quite a scare as they can look mean and nasty! :twisted:

Only consideration would be peripheral vision. Don't know how it would affect it. Guess you will just have to try it and let us know.

Dee

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
ABQ said:
snip....
But, I know from personal history that my judgement can be a bit ahead of its time, if not totally out of place.
Ahhh - great minds think alike!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd be curious to see the look you're talking about (mask plus a helmet). Don't most PB masks sorta look like motocross helmets anyway? Maybe there's a new generation of masks since my kids were into PB'ing.

I don't know if you could fit one under even a half-helmet. Sometimes, the difference between a genius and a fool is indiscernable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You'd look like a bank robber who put his mask on too early. If you didn't get some cager calling 911 to turn you in you'd get some cager causing a crash that might include you while looking at the goofy looking cyclist instead of the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
An idiot...maybe
A power ranger..Yes.. if you wear footy ps's with it and your helmet

·
Registered
619 Posts
The heck with masks, let's arm everyone with paintball guns.

Here's the deal, which I'm considering submitting to the PA State Legislature for approval:

Every motorcyclist is equipped by the state with a paintball gun with special 'unwashable paint', worn on a holster like the Lone Ranger. Fire at your own descretion.

The lady on the cell phone who pulls out in front of you - Splat! The guy who makes five turns in a row without using his turn signal - Splat! That jerk tailgating you in the big SUV - Splat!

The cops could be on the lookout then. I'm thinking like a 'four splats and you're out' law. Maybe five. I'll let the state representatives decide.

Whadaya think?

- Tom

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow!
Fishhedz are exactly what I had in mind. Their site even has a blurb that says ' forget that silly paintball mask....'.
and, I should. These masks are da bomb.
check it out guys :

http://www.fishhedz.net/

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ABQ said:
...Fishhedz are exactly what I had in mind.
Why?

What do these offer that a full-face M/C helmet doesn't?

Due to the forehead and side design of the Fishhedz, I don't think you could wear one under a helmet anyway.

I'd suggest a fullface helmet first, a snap-on face shield for your current helmet second, and goggles and a motocross mask with your existing helmet third.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Tomx said:
The heck with masks, let's arm everyone with paintball guns.

Here's the deal, which I'm considering submitting to the PA State Legislature for approval:

Every motorcyclist is equipped by the state with a paintball gun with special 'unwashable paint', worn on a holster like the Lone Ranger. Fire at your own descretion.

The lady on the cell phone who pulls out in front of you - Splat! The guy who makes five turns in a row without using his turn signal - Splat! That jerk tailgating you in the big SUV - Splat!

The cops could be on the lookout then. I'm thinking like a 'four splats and you're out' law. Maybe five. I'll let the state representatives decide.

Whadaya think?

- Tom
I like the idea. Except that in certain parts around here, splatting someone vehicle with indellible paint would get you killed. So I'd need to carry my .45 as backup.
I like the thought, though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
How about an Arai XD? It's sort of the same look, but with protection of a helmet. Get a tinted visor if you want to hide more of your face.

I've got a silver one.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts