Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WoW!! This Burgman 650 is something else.....I have 485 miles on now, and today I took a 100 miles + trip up and back down Pacvific Coast Highway, and I can't belive how great this machine runs...with 2 as well. I filled it up with 2.8 gallons, with 142 miles, which gives a 49 miles to the gallon nwith stops and goes. I've had many different two wheel motors over the years, but this Burgie is the most fun to ride, and the performance is amazing....Congradulations to Suzuki. In fact, if anyone out there has doubts, as I did in researching everything for 6 months before purchasing it, "Buy it, and let your heart not be troubled." You'll love it. Also, it would be worth your while to see Fabian at Orange County Motorsports in Santa Ana, California....got mine out the door for $7,499.....best I could find after 6 months of searching. I installed the passenger backrest, and Sara loves the ride better than my '03 Triumph Thunderbird 900.......she found the side-grips today.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Great report. I am very glad to read about this lil junket of yours on PCH. Route one is a gorgeous piece of pavement for the most part. I used to drive from Camarillo, up thru the Ojai foothills and beyond, not to mention going south toward LAX and Redondo Beach.

This is truely one of the very best mid sized touring bikes available - even with it's pimples. Compromises are all part of this game and I like the take more than the give with the 650.

Thanks for the report and welcome to the club.

Pete

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ev B
Glad you're enjoying your 650; can't even begin to express how much I have come to enjoy mine: a day without scootering is like a day without sunshine :( .
Did PCH from Goleta/Santa Barbara to Malibu and back last week... great ride and great fun. As Pete mentionned there are some beautiful rides inland from Camarillo/Ventura towards Ojai and then Rt. 33 over Pine Mountain into Cuyama. Maybe we can hook-up some day and explore!? :lol:
Never a dull day on a Burg.
GinDrinker
:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dutch said:
Glad you're enjoying the ride. OC motorsports is a good dealership. I take mine there for service. I've got a friend that bought 3 dirt bikes over the years there and they always treated him well.

Interesting to hear the good comments on OCMS. I had a similar postive experience dealing with them. We bought a used 2003 AN400 from Fabian and it was an absolute pleasure. If you're looking in So. Cal. they are worth a visit. FWIW, we're from Pasadena so it's not just around the corner.

Morris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts