Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha every one, I am a newB as of Nov. 27, 2oo4 having purchased a used gray 2oo3 Burgman 65o.

Just as Bill Cosby, I also started out as a child in late August of 1949 being born to a career navel man than stationed at Pearl Harbor. Well, my dad retired in 1959 and decided to get his money's worth from uncle Sam and had them send lock, stock, barrel and me back to his home state of NJ. A few years later we all (4 of us) end up in the Pocono mts. of Pa. I now find my self still here having creating/owning and operating a generic fast food, pizza and ice cream store along the local highway for the past 21 years.

Miss Burgie is my 6th motorized 2 wheeler since I started riding at the age of 17. My last bike, a 197o 65o BSA Lightning that I am delighted to have had the experience of purchasing the Lightning when I too was working for uncle Sam/Army as a Pvt. on up thru SP5 in Germany. I still have the Lightning collecting dust in the garage but have not ridden it in years. FYI: None of my past rides were Harleys, for some reason they just never appealed to me.

Graduating HS in 1968, U might guess, uncle Sam ended up needing a hand in S.E. Asia during that era of our great country. So, un like GWB, I did not have nor did I want a "please excuse my son's absence note from my dad or congress man so I served proudly in RVN and happy to be able to say never once did I have a bad dream about my time there.

I am now married (1997) to a lovely lady from south America (my first wife) and have 4 cats as our only children. Candidly, except for perhaps my shoe size, there is nothing else note worthy to mention about my self. This being the case I just want to say that I am looking forward to getting to know some of you thru the Burgman USA form now that I am no longer a Burgman wanna B.

Aloha, Glennnnnnnnnnn

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Glenn

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum :hello2:

Tell us what you think of the Lardy now that your are ridin! :lol:

Stay safe.

:)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Glenn. Glad to have you with us. I see you have the avatar issue resolved. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lardy?

What U mean "Lardy"???? Miss Burgie (the name I seem to have chosen for my Burgman) does have a big shapely butt, however I have noticed I have always been a bootie man, so why change now.....

Seriously thanks for the kind words n welcome message.

About 4pm tonight I lit her off n took her for a quickie 5 mile ride in the 40 degree weahter tonight (AND I had shorts on). I sure was not warm by any stretch of the immagination but due to Miss Burgie protective styling I did not need to run home and waist valuable sunlight time puting long pants on.....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome Glenn. Glad you could make it. 8)

Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shorts n cold

Thanks again for your reply fellows,

Sure like the sun set foto Reg..........

Actually I don't wear shorts this time of year for any other reason than I am truly more comfortable in shorts and am not cold. At 55 years I seem to have developed a little winter fat (all dam year), perhaps this is way I don't get cold as others do??? However, I do NOT wear shorts all the time, seems just above 40/45 n when it is sunny......

Yesterday at about 4pm I would have just had to waist precious day light time changing into my long pants. Guess it seems I would rather ride in shorts on a cold day than ride after dark???? I sure don't see as well at night as I once did.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts