Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
leaving here sat. a:m for calif. hope to be in morro bay mon.afternoon. tues. will burger to monterey.may spend one day there,then it's north to frisco and on. beware.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ride

we will take old 66(whats left from here to barstow,then 58 to bakersfield,then 99 to 46,46 to 101,then down to 41 at atascadero and take that to morro bay. or something like that. last year we got distracted by the grand canyon.adventure is the result of poor planning.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Plan accordingly

If you intend to ride early in the mornings, be prepared for some very cool weather and dense fog. I recommend some warmer riding clothes and heavier gloves than you use in NM. But the ride is definitely worth it!!

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ride

thanx for the info dan. we have cordura jackets that are wind and waterproof,leather pants,rain pants,some gloves that have thinsulate lining and have been sprayed with campdry waterproofing,waterproof boots,microfleece sweater,and more,amazing the amount of stuff you can pack on a burger. plus there are always stores that will sell you what you need.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: ride

skootertrash said:
thanx for the info dan. we have cordura jackets that are wind and waterproof,leather pants,rain pants,some gloves that have thinsulate lining and have been sprayed with campdry waterproofing,waterproof boots,microfleece sweater,and more,amazing the amount of stuff you can pack on a burger. plus there are always stores that will sell you what you need.
Oh yeah. You're ready. Have fun especially on highway 1 north of SF all the way up to 101.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well I had a great time having breakfast with Skooter and his Sweety in Morro Bay about an hour ago. Thanks for the company and conversation Skooter, and call me next time you're in town.

As an added bonus, we just had a magnitude 5.9 earthquake here 10 minutes ago that I'm sure he enjoyed :shock:

LOL!!!!!

Welcome to California my friend!!!!

Peace.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ride

eaarthquake?wwwhhhaaattt eeeaaarrrtttthhhqqquuuaaakkkeee?so thats what that was. hey, thanx again for breakfast.found out margies has great burgers too. 1 was a trip. two up with luggage made it very interesting. i moved over for the weenies in the porsches,but if it had been just me and the burger, i think i coulda gave em fits.and if you want to look for the boots,it's http://www.blacksheepboots.com.ride safe.

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts