Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a way to use this power outlet ? Everthing I have found is two long to allow the door to shut. I finally gave up and wired one in under the seat.

·
Registered
793 Posts
That's the correct answer: Give up and wire it under the seat.

Tell him what he's won Jack. That's right Chuck, he's won a pair of
heated gloves and an extra cellphone charging adaptor.

Thanks for playing!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Another minor irritant with the power outlet is that it only works when the ignition is on. So if I wanted to use it to power something briefly without the engine running, I now have additional battery drain from headlight, tail lights, ignition, fuel pump, etc.

I added a direct battery harness to plug my Battery Tender charger, electrically heated jacket liner and gloves, and tire pump into. So I never use the outlet in the glovebox.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Power !

I found a plug off an old car-vac that fit the space... so I replaced the one on the power cord for my GPS... so it can use the glovebox outlet.
But it's a good idea to install one under the seat. I did ...and wired direct to the battery. Great for charging stuff....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

I gave up and wired one under the seat, but I sure would like to know what suzuki had in mind for the glove box one.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Dennis Gross said:
Has anyone found a way to use this power outlet?...
The solution I used was simply to get a 12-volt socket 'Y' adadapter with six inch lead cables (See picture below). This not only allows me to "aim" the socket so I can plug in a device, but it also gives me a second outlet at the same time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:) Solved the problem by installing a BMW-type accessory outlet (with snap-up cover) outside on the dash, positioned above the glove box outlet. Had to drill, of course. Hooked it to the leads that feed the impossible outlet. BUT added a quick-disconnect between the socket and the rear of the impossible outlet, for ease of dashboard removal. Next to the new accessory outlet is a double-throw (Hi-Low) switch for my Hot Grips, wired (also fused) to the battery. Budd Blume

·
Registered
14 Posts
gLOVE BOX OUTLET

I use it to plug in my cell phone and keep it safe... I have NO need to drill or use other things, I am just happy they have one... Honda got into it to and put them on their reflex and wing :lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Big 'WELCOME' to ya, Susi! Don't be a stranger. 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank You

:p Looking forward to more posts... I've got a Blue Burger 400 and happy as you know what with it... at 5'1" too short...for the bigger one.. and you know what? WHO CARES... as the shirt says 4 wheels move the body... 2 move the spirit... ya'll drive safely out there...! :lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
glove box outlet

The only thing i've used it for so far is,my air compresser to air up my tires.It works realy well.
Doug Collins
Springdale,Arkansas :D :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wrong forum, I think

This post is in the wrong forum. It is a model-specific post. Which Burgman are you riding? I suspect the 650, because it has much less room in the glove box than the 400, and the outlet on the 650 is closer to the glove box door.

On my AN400, I have had no problem plugging cell phone chargers into the outlet and closing the door. Plenty of space.

Regards,
Daveman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts