·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Pete wrote
Thank God I didn't have one of those 160 mile an hour bikes between my legs when I was 20. What a shame. What a loss....
Yes it is a shame. and a great loss. But I don't blame the bike, hit a car with your scooter at top speed and see what happens..
It's not the equipment being newer or faster it is just the same old lack of judgment and maturity on the part of some.
I would bet if you had a bike like that when your were 20 you would still be here today and in one piece, and I believe most of the rest of us would be also.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pete said:
... Thank God I didn't have one of those 160 mile an hour bikes between my legs when I was 20. ...
According to the following story, the stereotype that younger riders are more accident prone may not be true.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2005-01-22-motorcycle-deaths_x.htm?csp=34

This is one reason I recently sold my ZRX1200. The power is fun but I realized I was in way over my head (30-110 mph in a few seconds when merging on the highway). I think even the heavy cruisers with only 80-90 HP can get you into some deep stuff if you don't have self control and limit your speed to what you can handle.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good points Randy an Dennis.
uh...jane you ignorant....(thinking of dennis's feed...)
yup. my bud hadda woom woom katana (a 600 i think.) he put it for sale for dayum near the same reason (well cept he wanted the dough). the person who came along and bought it was like 24 (not in tune with your insight but...) and 25 minutes later!? they wrecked it no more than half mile away from my buddys house on a sweeping left bender. life flight, the whole bit. dunno if they ended up a stat. but i do know that the bike was a loss and my buddy had to answer to johnny law with his bill of sale and his witness's (tenent) statement.
Personally, I like sport bikes. not race type bikes. well.. i like all bikes...big arse guzzis, flat twins (bmws), my favorite is the longitudinal fours.... but man. zero to 70 in less than 4 seconds is not something that anyone should become "used to" in normal traffic (well - it is good to be used to it but dont do it). JMO. - pedz

·
Registered
925 Posts
Even though I see stories like this all the time, I just never get over the fact that these people have such little respect for these machines. That is what really makes me sad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts