Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did our first two-up riding this weekend on the Burg. It handled awesome, as I knew it would from other reports. However, my cruise control was choking itself in the mountain hills. There are 2 other sensitivity settings I can try, but I didn't have the manual with me to remind me which dip switches to flip.

Anyway, for those that like pictures, there's 2 pages worth at http://www.class104.com

Just click on the Jackson, NH link. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Kais, great job on your web site and your details on your cruise job installation and your runs that you have describe in great details with such wonderful photo and maps, I know you much have spend lots of time on the work. I like your cruise but it looks like it would be a job I could not handle, pity we are not next door to each other as I sure would enlist your help as I think about what I might feel like (my hand) after a long distance ride.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Rob,

Think the problem in the hills might be the vacuum reservoir is too small?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I suspect it may be due to the way the engine & ecvt on the 650 work together. The engine gets held a torque peak rpm under certain conditions and the ecvt then adjusts speed without the engine rpm changing for awhile. My understanding of the installation is that he is driving the cruise control via tach inputs. I don't think that will work under all conditions with the 650. It probably works better on level ground, than when the engine is under load climbing hills.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pauljo said:
I suspect it may be due to the way the engine & ecvt on the 650 work together. The engine gets held a torque peak rpm under certain conditions and the ecvt then adjusts speed without the engine rpm changing for awhile. My understanding of the installation is that he is driving the cruise control via tach inputs. I don't think that will work under all conditions with the 650. It probably works better on level ground, than when the engine is under load climbing hills.
GASP!!

By George I think you have it!! Back to the drawing board for me! I will get this thing licked yet, even if I have to put magnets on!

Thanks for knockin' some sense into me!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
burg650 said:
Kais, great job on your web site and your details on your cruise job installation and your runs that you have describe in great details with such wonderful photo and maps, I know you much have spend lots of time on the work. I like your cruise but it looks like it would be a job I could not handle, pity we are not next door to each other as I sure would enlist your help as I think about what I might feel like (my hand) after a long distance ride.
Thanks!! That website doesn't really take that much time. But it's a place to put stuff so I can remember what I've done. :)

My hand feels just fine after long rides now. 8)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Rob,

You might want to talk to Joe Wolfe in Kingsport, TN. He's installed cruise control on several bikes and scooters. If I remember correctly, he glues magnets on the front wheel to use with the sensor. I've also read that some people have used magnets that fit into the head bolts of the disc brake on the front wheel. Just thought I'd throw out a couple of ideas for you to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts