Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a cue from some GoldWingers we've seen, Lynn (Tall Woman) and I have each added a passenger to our solo rides: she's got a Tazmanian devil doll I won her last summer (for doing one of those hammer/strength games at an amusement park); I've got a teddy bear she gave me shortly after we met.

We "bucket" our little friend into the passenger seat with a cargo net and away we go! (This is the extent of our two-up riding til we get more miles in.) 8)

I figure that if one little kid sees it and comments to his/her parent, maybe that driver will see motorcyclists in a different light. :wink: And that could save a life one day.

Anyone else have a "passenger"?

Cheers,

Bryna

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
My son has large (3+ feet) yellow duck lovingly named "Ralph". I thought about strapping him on back of the Burgman. Ralph requires a Burgman (or Goldwing) seat to sit on as his butt's big enought to have it's own zip code. However, I was informed that I'm not 'allowed' to put him on the Burgman for the same reason he no longer rides shotgun in my sons car ... sun fade. Seems Ralphs complexion is too delicate to risk too much time in the sun. So alas, I ride solo. :tongue:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,

:duckie: :sign5: I LOVED your story about Ralph and his zip-code, er, rump.

My late dog had a duck squeaking toy. When he passed away, I gave it to my brother so he'd have something to remember Alasdair by. Al loved to go for car rides and "Duck" spent several years as co-pilot in Andy's Saab before the Saab kicked it. Now Duck is in retirement on a shelf. :)

I think Ralph needs a more-adventureous and hardy cousin. :wink:

Cheers,

Bryna

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Invincsum said:
I think Ralph needs a more-adventureous and hardy cousin.
Hmmmm..... adventureous. Idea for a childrens story? "The Adventures of Ralph the Burgman Biker Duck".

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely! Could be a good way to teach kids about 1) the fun of riding and 2) safety. 8)
Bryna
P.S. Today, the bear was joined by a cousin: Starbucks had a biker/pilot bear (leather gear, goggles, etc.) for $6.99. So now they have 75 miles under their er, belts (pelts?). :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The bear sounds nice, it's a shame Starbucks is not around this part of the country.
I wonder how a gecko looks in leathers & goggles . :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: Randy! How 'bout a stuffed armadillo? :D

If I see a bear at another Sbucks, would you like one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts