Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our Burgman 400 Just Got a Garage Mate

Last week, my wife and I bought a brand new "leftover" 2012 Star Stryker 1300.
We weren't really in the market for another bike, but the Yamaha dealer had this one on sale for $7995 and I had a Star coupon for $500 off of that. I'm still waiting for the passenger backrest to come in so my wife can ride on it without worrying about sliding off the seat when I goose the throttle.....man, does it have some serious torque!
I was really surprised at how well it handled when I took it for a test ride considering it has a fork rake of 40 degrees.

We named the Stryker Anny because it was a gift to each other on our 16th wedding anniversary.
Our Burgman 400 is named Bernie after Bernadette on the Big Bang Theory.

We love our 400 and plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off. The more we ride it (it has 3,072 miles on the odometer) the more we fall in love with it!!
We plan on adding a lot more miles to the odometer this summer. I love seeing the looks on other riders faces when we open the seat and take out two full face helmets, gloves, and other riding gear.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
congrats on the new bike! now the thing is when you two are going out for a ride, who's gonna take the Burgman?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice set of bikes. Congrats.

I agree, you should give in every third or fourth ride and let her take the scooter, for the sake of marital bliss.

:glasses8: You both will look great on the bikes.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice bike!
I also have a Kawasaki Versys along with the Burgman and its awesome to go out in the garage and decide what to ride everyday :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried to get my wife to take the new rider course at the local Harley Davidson dealer, but she says that she's happy just being a passenger and has no desire to learn to ride. I wish she felt differently, but I can't force here to learn to ride. LOL!!

I've told her that if something happens to me at least keep the Burgman 400 and use some of my life insurance money to turn it into a trike and take it out for rides on warm summer days and smile when she thinks of me and all the great rides we had together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts