Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 400 Got Another Big Brother

We had a Star Stryker, but my wife HATED to ride on back of it so we replaced it with a new "leftover" 2013 Star 1300 Deluxe.
I've added highway bars, a passenger backrest, and some billet aluminum engine pieces, but that's all I'm going to do to it.

The only thing I wish our 400 had that the 1300 has it the in-dash GPS and satellite radio. However, the 400 sure is easier to roll backwards out of the garage. LOL!
As of yesterday, the 400 had 3805 miles on the odometer, but I'm really looking forward to adding some miles on it this summer. It's a shame to only put that little millage on a Burgman in two years.

Truth be told, I really LIKE the 1300, but I LOVE the Burgman!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice looking touring!
how far will a tank of gas go on the 1300?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking touring!
how far will a tank of gas go on the 1300?
I'm getting around 35 to 40 mpg. That's not too good, but the bike is ridden two-up 99 percent of the time and it's not really broken in yet. The tank holds 4.9 US gallons.

My wife and I are taking the 400 for a ride this afternoon. I'm looking forward to that as its been pretty darn chilly lately.

We have no plans on selling the 400 anytime soon because there are many things, as we all know, that the Burgman 400 does so much better than a motorcycle. The 400 is like a member of the family. LOL!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gorgeous!
Yamaha, just like all the other motorcycle manufactures, has some fantastic deals on new "leftover" 12 and 13 models still sitting on the showroom floor.
We got this one for thousands under MSRP and we like the blue on the 2013 model so much more than the paint on the 14. Even if they would have offered us a 14 for the same price, we would have still take the 13 because of that that blue paint. It looks really good in person.

I would REALLY love it if it had the pearl white paint that our 2012 Burgman has. We get lots of complements on how nice it looks.....even from riders who don't really care for scooters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts